There are many scenarios where you may want to keep a customer informed of the status of a specific project in your project management system. Apptivo provides the ability to add third-party customers to specific projects, so they can log in and view project details using their own account.
This is great, because it allows you and your team to focus on delivering the project and keep a single area up to date. Rather than burdening your project manager with the duty of sending constant updates to your customer contact.
How it Works
- You select a contact person at a customer, and add them to your project team.
- The contact receives an email, containing a password to access Apptivo.
- The contact logs in, and gets access to view the project.
How to Add a Customer Contact to a Project
- On your project’s “Team” tab, click on “Add Contact”.
- Search and select the proper contact. Or create a new contact.
- Click on Yes button to share project to your customer/contact.
- This contact will now appear in the customer team, and they will be sent an email inviting them to the project.
Now that the customer has been added to the project, they will need to access Apptivo. If they already have an Apptivo account, they can simply log in to their existing account, and see the project in their Projects App. If they don’t have an Apptivo account, they will need to sign up for a free account using the same email which you added to the team.
How the Customer Will Access the Project
Once the customer contact receives the invitation email, it will lead them to Apptivo to access their account. These are the steps a brand new customer will take in order to see your project.
- Go to the sign up page, and enter the same email address which the invite email was delivered to. Then enter the name of their business.
- Select the “Simple Projects” bundle and continue.
- Go to Xinnect App to accept the invitation sent for business connections.
- Click on the Projects App icon.
- The project is now listed, and they can click to view its details.
Your customer now has the opportunity to log in and access the project at any time. You will be able to easily collaborate with all fellow employees, and give your customers piece of mind by always keeping them up to date.