Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on October 11, 2018 07:06AM by Admin
The conversion of estimates into an invoice will include a specific reference to the duration of the time being billed. Generally each line in a converted invoice (from estimate) will refer to the item description, quantity, price and also period of billing. Hence the invoice will probably have the following information.
- The unique invoice reference number, date of the invoice, customer information.
- Tax payments if relevant (e.g. GST or VAT).
- Description of the products/items with its unit price.
- The total amount charged (optionally with a breakdown of taxes, if relevant)
- Payment terms (including method of payment, date of payment, and details about charges for late payment)
There are two types of conversions that can be followed through which an estimate is converted to an invoice:
- Standard Conversion - The standard conversion is the default conversion provided by Apptivo. By default, this conversion only will take place, when you convert an estimate to an invoice. This will carry forward and map only the values of the standard fields.
- Custom Conversion - The custom conversion gives you the ability to customize how the conversion process should take place. That is, if you are having various custom fields in your Estimates and you need all those custom fields to be carried forward to the Invoices during conversion, then you can go with the custom mapping. You can map the fields according to your needs.
Let’s now walk through the steps for the custom conversion for converting an estimate to invoice.
Steps to convert an Estimates to Invoice
- Log in to your account and access the Estimates App.
- Click on “More (...)” > Settings >Estimates > Conversion.
- By default, the Standard Conversion will be selected.
- Select the Custom Conversion option, which will display the Mapping button next to the Invoice.
- Click Mapping.
- On clicking Mapping, you will be redirected to the Invoice Mapping Fields page. The fields of the Invoice App will be displayed in the left side and those of the Estimates App will be listed in the drop-down.
- You can now select and map the fields as per your requirement, based on which the conversion will be carried out (Note: Ensure to map an attribute with a similar type of attribute, say a Text field with a Text field and Date with a Date field).
- Once mapped, click on Update.
- Now based on the mapping of the fields, when you convert an estimate to an invoice, the values will get populated accordingly.