Many times, you would like to add your own custom attributes to Customers, Contacts, Invoices, Leads, and other applications. This is now made possible with Apptivo business management software. Apptivo software gives you the ability to customize all apps to your needs. The following instructions guide you to set up custom attributes.
How to Add Custom Attributes
- Navigate to the app to which you would like to add custom attributes. We will use the Contacts app. Go to the Settings section of the app.
- Click on the "Customize App" option in the left navigation bar.
- You can view the custom attributes dashboard with the following fields under the "Palette" tab:
- Text - Text field for entering text values.
- Date - Date field for choosing a date.
- Number - Number field for entering the number.
- Currency - Currency field for entering currency values.
- ToWords - Convert the value to words.
- Radio - Radio fields for opting for the values.
- Toggle - To enable or disable the values.
- Checkbox - For choosing multiple values.
- Dropdown - Dropdown field for choosing a specific value.
- Link - Link field for entering URLs.
- Text Area - Enter the paragraph on the object.
- Address - Add the Address information.
- File - File format can be inserted.
- Spacer - It allows us to generate the space between attributes.
- Function - Function field provides with various functions.
- Ref App - Ref app provides a reference to various other apps.
- Ref App Field - Ref app field provides a drop-down of various reference fields in the Ref apps.
- Phone - Phone field for entering a phone number.
- Email - Email field for entering an email.
- Finkey - Finkey field helps in financial accounting.
- Account - The account field helps in providing an account.
- Conkey - Conkey field helps in financial accounting.
- Counter - You can add pre-defined counter values so that the numbers are auto-increased.
- In Master Layout, there are another two tabs "Inspector" and "Revisions".
- The Inspector tab allows you to give the details of the selected field. Whereas, Revision tab allows you to view the past changes made in the master layout and also restores that revision.
- Now, to insert attributes, drag and drop the attributes from the “Attributes” section under “Palette”. Here, the Phone attribute is added.
- You can also customize the attribute according to your requirements using the Inspector tab of that attribute.
- Click on “Save” to save the changes made. Thus, you have added the custom attribute to the layout.
- You have now created your first custom attribute. Go through the other apps and add your own custom attributes.