Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Can I Assign Tasks to Multiple People?
Updated on December 28, 2020 06:04AM by Admin
Tasks are a specific itemized work or a single initiative that can be associated with any number of objects like the case, orders, etc. You can assign tasks to multiple employees in order to accomplish it in a short span of time. In turn, it will increase the productivity of the organization.
For Instance: If you are a Marketing Manager, you are responsible for splitting up the tasks among your sales representatives. There may be a few tasks that should be accomplished with the help of a couple of representatives. In that case, it would be much simpler if you had an option to assign the tasks to them instead of adding creating the same tasks for all of them.
You can assign the tasks to the employees in two ways:
- While creating tasks
- Bulk assigning after creating the tasks
Steps to assign tasks while creating
- Log in and click on Tasks from the left collaboration activities.
- Click on the Create Task button and provide task description, start date, provide status and category, etc.
- In the Assigned To field, you can add more employees by clicking on the "+" icon to add attendees.
- "Assignee Search and Select" popup appears, in which select contact or employee and click on the search button.
- Now, select employee/contact from the list by clicking on the Select button.
- All the selected employee/contacts will be found under assigned to the field.
Steps to Bulk Assign employees after creating the tasks
- From the Task app, click on the Table view.
- Select one or more Tasks from the Show All page. You can find the Bulk Action button enabled.
- Make your selections as Bulk Action → Update → Task Details → Assigned to.
- You can find a pop-up message to bulk assign the employees.
- Click on the "+" button to choose the employees from the Employees App.
- Choose all the employees to whom you want to bulk assign the task and click on Add.
- You can find the employees populated in the Assigned to field. Click on Update.
- Once updated you can find the task assigned to all the employees who were added as assignees.