Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on April 8, 2020 05:20AM by Admin
Notes, along with documents, appear in every application of Apptivo. Notes find many applications depending on the type of business you're in.
Log of Changes
One common use of notes is to provide a log of actions taken in a particular record. Jackson is an Employee of the Finance Department. He handles all cases related to Opportunities. His team recently increased an estimated Opportunity’s value. To have his colleagues well-informed on this, he logs the information using Notes Activity of Apptivo. While handling an Opportunity, the sales team also plays a huge role. To avoid any miscommunication with the customer, the sales personnel, Jess makes use of the Notes section to check the previous logs. Once aware of the updates, she reaches out to the client and moves the Opportunity to the next stage effectively.
Another important aspect of Notes is instant availability. When you communicate with a customer, it is important to ensure that the decisions are taken immediately. The customer prefers that and they tend to get irritated if every decision has to be communicated with higher-level management and then the decision is conveyed. If you have Notes, the concern is solved instantly.
Amy, the Designer is in a meeting with a client. The client has conveyed all the requirements for her event. She has mentioned the minute details. As the client lists out her requirement. Amy makes a note of it in the Notes Activity. After listening to the Client requirement, Amy has estimated the budget. She adds a note of it in the Activity and associates it with her Manager. The manager instantly checks it and approves it. Once approved, Amy confirms the sale with her client.
Availability in all Apps
Notes work exactly the same across all applications, and will always be present in a similar tabbed layout. Clicking the Notes tab will reveal a listing of all previous notes, a search field, and a button to add a new set of notes.
Jeremy and his team of Sales Personnel are communicating with Andra Airlines. Andra Airlines is a lead and they are looking for converting them into a prospective customer. The Sales Team makes use of the Notes Activity in the Leads App to keep a tab of all the communication. They need not log into Notes Activity App to record the changes. Instead, the information can be added to the concerned Lead’s profile.
Steps to Create Notes
- Log in to your account. Click on the Notes tab from the left navigation panel.
- In the Notes Home Page, click on the Create button to create notes.
- The Create Note side panel will appear. Here, you can choose a Template for the Notes.
- Add your notes in the description section. Apptivo offers multiple tools to edit your text according to your requirements. You can also add images and tables to Notes.
- On scrolling down, you have the option to add all associated parties to the Notes for easy reference. By default, the Employee’s name will be associated. Click on the (+) icon to add the associated person.
- In the Association - Search and Select, you have an option to add the related parties from any app of Apptivo. You can also add keywords to search effectively.
- Here, Customers App is chosen. The list of customers present in the Customers App will be listed. Select the customer for the association.
- Here, you can see Brock is associated. You can also add Tags to the Notes.
- Once the Note is added, select Create. A new note is included in the Notes Activity. Click on the Expand icon.
- The View Notes side panel will appear with information associated with the Note.
- Subsequently, when you navigate to the concerned Customer profile in the Customers App, the notes will appear.