Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
How do I Import Leads from CSV File?
Updated on February 22, 2023 03:41AM by Admin
Importing Leads from a CSV file to Apptivo CRM is one of the vital lead-creation activities for both the marketing and sales teams. Importing records from an external file such as Excel helps the user to create new leads that he has collected through various sources such as
- Inbound Lead Generation
- Bound Lead Generation
Apptivo Leads App allows the user to import 5000 records at a time with a few mouse clicks. Let's quickly go through the same.
Data Import is available in all the paid plans, try it now!
Steps to Import Leads:
- Log in and access the Leads App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select the Import icon located at the app header bar.
- You could see the CSV Imports from the left panel and click on the Import button.
- Click on the Browse button and select the CSV file from your computer and click on Next.
- Map the leads app fields to respective CSV fields, as shown in the below screenshot.
- Make sure to map all the mandatory fields, or else you'll receive a warning popup that alerts you to map all the mandatory fields. In the case of mandatory fields not having values, they will be added to exceptions. If error records are added to exceptions, they will be ignored and available to download later.
- After mapping the all fields hit the Import button to import records.
- There are four validations to do import:
- Mandatory Values – Validates mandatory value association.
- Data Format – Validates data format issues in CSV.
- Duplicates – Validates duplicates in CSV.
- Reference Format – Validates the association of other objects. This will associate existing objects; if there are new objects found in CSV, you are allowed to create new objects.
- Click on the Proceed button for each step.
- Once the reference data validation is complete, click on the Proceed button to import records. (If you want to stop the import use the abort option).
- After proceeding, the system will display the following counts:
- # of Records - Total count of lead records found in a file(CSV).
- # of Deleted Records - Count of deleted records at the time of validating the leads.
- # of Ignored Records - Count of ignored records that are added to the exceptions at the time of mapping.
- Here, you can view the total number of records, the number of deleted records, and the number of ignored records. Click on the Start Import button.
- The completed CSV file will be listed as shown in the image below, from where you will download the records using the Download icon next to the columns(Total Records, Ignored Records, Failed Records).
- You can check the number of successful records imported, failed records, and ignored records which can be downloaded as a separate CSV file for later import.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):