Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on October 21, 2020 08:00AM by Admin
Apptivo’s Projects app allows you to create projects with different billing methods like Project Flat Fee, Milestone Billing, Time & Expenses, and Non-billable. Milestone billing is a very prominent and popular type of billing where invoices are sent out to the customers once a certain milestone is achieved.
Milestone billing allows you to bill a customer according to each milestone created within the project.
To get started, first, you'll need to configure the Project settings.
Create a new project
- Login and access the Projects app and click on the Create Project button.
- Enter the project name and set the start and end date.
- Set the project status and priority.
- Choose the Billing Method as “Milestone Billing”.
- Click on the “Create” button to create a project.
- Click on the Create Milestone button.
- Enter the milestone and set the start and end date for the milestone.
- Enter the base fee for the milestone.
- Once the milestone has been created, you can view the billing information in the "Budget" tab.
Note: If there is more than one milestone, then the project total fee will be a sum of all milestones associated with this project.
Project Budget section involves
- Billing Method – Milestone Billing.
- Project Total Fee – The total fee for a project based on a milestone base fee.
- Amount Invoiced – This has already been invoiced.
- Amount To Be Invoiced – This needs to be invoiced.
How do I generate an Invoice for the Completed Milestone?
- If you want to generate an invoice for the milestone billing project you need to complete the billable tasks associated with the project milestone.
- Click on the Convert button and select To Invoice.
- If you try to convert the project without completing the Milestone, the warning pop alerts you with the phrase “This project does not have completed milestones, do you want to proceed”.
- If you opt “Yes”, then the invoice creation page loads without a project.
- If you opt “No”, it will redirect to the project dashboard.
- Once it gets completed, you can generate an invoice and email it to the customer.
Note: You cannot change or update the currency of the project base fee or estimated costs in the Projects App, but you can update the billing information in the Invoices App.