Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on June 3, 2019 02:13AM by Admin
Apptivo CRM allows you to import your Contacts into Contacts App in CSV format. At a time, you can import 5000 records. This minimizes the manual effort of entering the data. Also, duplicate contacts can be filtered from entering.
Steps to Import Contacts from CSV
- Log in and access Contacts App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the "More" icon and select “Import” icon located at the app header bar.
- Click on "CSV Imports" from left navigation panel and then Click on "Import" button.
- You can import a New File or Update existing records. Click on "Browse" button and select CSV file from your computer and click on "Next."
- Map contacts fields to the respective CSV fields. Select the attributes that you would like to group from “Grouping Attributes” dropdown. Make sure to map the mandatory custom fields.
- Click on "Import" button to import records.
- You can view warning popup which alerts you for standard mapping fields such as territory, segments, etc.
- If there are different values in the grouped attributes, then It will be considered as a new value. If the different values are not mapped, then it will not be imported.
- You can either choose “Set for all” and change it as the same value or ignore it by clicking "Add to exceptions and proceed" button.
- In case of mandatory fields not having values, they are added to exceptions. If error records are added to exceptions, they will be ignored and available for download later.
- If you want to continue to click on "Add to exceptions and proceed" button or click on the "Back" button to include mandatory fields.
- Besides the mandatory fields, if there are new values for an attribute that will also be flagged in the same manner. You can either create new values at run-time or ignore them.
- You will view five validation steps:
- Grouping attribute - Validates the Grouping attribute
- Mandatory Values - Validates mandatory value association.
- Data Format – Validates data format issues in CSV.
- Duplicates – Validates duplicates in CSV.
- Reference Data – Validates the association of other objects. This will associate existing objects; if there are new objects found in CSV, you are allowed to create new objects. For instance: Consider the Job Title field. If there are new Job titles in the CSV file, then you will be notified as shown in the image below. Mouse over the highlighted Job title field, where you can find the options to Create, Search, Do not Import. Click on either the "+" icon or the "Create reference values & proceed" button to create new job title at run-time, during the import.
- Click on the "Proceed" button for each step.
- Once the reference data completes, click on the “Proceed” button to import records.
- After proceeding, the system will display the following counts:
# of Records - Total count of contact records found in a file(CSV)
# of Del Rec - Count of deleted records at the time of validating the contacts
# of Ignored - Count of ignored records which are added to the exceptions at the time of mapping
- Here we go, the import is done successfully, and the log will display the totals of imported records, failed, etc.
- The completed CSV file will be listed as shown in the image below, from where you will download the records using “Down arrow” icon found next to the columns(Total Records, Ignored Records, Failed Records)