Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on September 30, 2019 05:41AM by Admin
Tasks are a specific itemized work or a single initiative, which can be associated with any number of objects like cases, orders, etc. So these tasks are found in nearly every application and determine what actual work must be done to support your various business initiatives.
Steps to Create Tasks
- Log in to your Apptivo account.
- Click on “Tasks” from the left side navigation of the dashboard.
- Now click on the “Create Task” button.
- Provide information like:
- Name - Name of the task
- Description - Description of the task
- Start and End date - Start and End date of the task
- Estimated Duration - Estimated duration required for the task
- Status - Status of the task(Not Started, Scheduled, In Progress, Completed, Aborted)
- Category - Category of the task
- Priority - Priority of the task(High, Medium, Low)
- Assigned To - assign the tasks to employee, contact or team
- Associated With - Association with the task
- Due Date - Due date of the task
- Repeat - Recurring tasks.
- You can assign the task to multiple employees, Contacts, and Teams by clicking on the “Add” button.
- Also, you can link the tasks to any object, by clicking on the “Add” button. Search and select the task association.
- Finally, click on the “Create” button to get done with your task.
What happens after I create a task?
When a task is created, you can add notes, work log and documents related to the tasks.
Apart from that, the task created will be shown in your Tasks' view on the home page. This task appears in the Tasks tab of any associated objects.
Also, a news feed item will be created to notify about the new task assigned to a particular employee, as shown in the image below:
Now, by clicking on the Task name, you will be redirected to the Overview page of that task.
You can also customize task settings according to your requirements.