Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on March 8, 2018 09:40PM by Admin
Apptivo users in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada can easily set up their online invoices to charge for the proper taxes. In the province of Nova Scotia businesses are required to charge HST taxes on all products/services they sell. You can use our multi rate tax codes calculator to make these tax rates available for use when creating invoices.
The tax code followed in the Province of Nova Scotia, Canada is:
- The Harmonized Sales tax (HST), is a value-added tax and is composed of the federal GST (5%) and a provincial PST component of (10%)
- The total tax rate is 15% which is applied to all goods and services taxable under the federal excise tax Act.
Reference : Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) rate of the province of Nova Scotia, Canada is referred from Wikipedia (Sales Tax, Canada)
Steps to Configure Taxes on Invoices App Settings
- Log in and access Invoices App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on “More” icon and click on "Settings" in the top right corner.
- Click on "Invoice" drop down and select "Taxes" left navigation panel.
- Select “Multi Rate Taxes” and click on “Create” button.
- Create multi tax rate pop-up will emerge. You can “create” or “add” taxes from the list.
- If you create tax provide tax code, tax rate type and percentage.
- In tax rate type, there are two options:
- Click “create” to get done with your multi tax formation. Which indicates with a tax code created popup.
- After selecting capture tax code, it auto updates itself.Thereafter for every invoice created will be based on the tax code level captured.
- You can enable or disable a tax code by clicking the highlighted symbol under the actions column.
- Now, we proceed with creating a new invoice with the above settings.
- You can either Email an invoice with PDF attachment or manually print invoice to be provided to your customer.
- This is how a customer views Invoice tax code items subtotals in PDF format.
Follow this link to know more about Invoices tax code followed in various countries