Sales Territory defines the geographical region in which your potential contacts reside in. It may be based on city, regions or countries, if your business is spread across the globe.
You can customize the Contacts App by clicking on the Settings ->Contacts-> Territories. This will display all the territories. Here you can create a new territory and also add the requisite description.
Sub-territories can also be created by clicking on the icon in the territory dashboard.
Go through the following steps to understand the concept better.
Steps to Create Sales Territories
- Log in and access the Contacts App from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings from the app header.
- On the settings page, go to Contacts → Territories and Create.
- Enter the following details:
- Name: Name of the Territory
- Parent Territory: In case of creating a child territory, add a parent territory using the Search icon.
- Type: Define the type of territory. You can create the types using the territory management app.
- Sales Rep: Assign sales representative for the territory.
- Tags: Add tags for the territory.
- Assignment Rule: Add an assignment rule for the territory using the + icon.
- Click on the Create button.
- You could add sub-territories by using the Create Sub Territory icon.
- You can disable or delete territories by using the Disable and Delete icons.