Custom attributes are the common features for all apps. These are like business attributes that support you to customize your business with the custom fields. They can be quickly and easily added for customization. Employees App allows you to add any custom fields that aren't provided on the creation page by default. You can load your creation page with new sections and fill them up with your own text fields, radio buttons, dropdowns, etc.
Steps to create custom Attributes
- Log in and access the Employees app from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the “Settings” icon located at the app header bar.
- Click on "Master Layout" from the "Customize App" dropdown found at the left navigation panel.
- You can view the custom attributes dashboard with the following fields under the "Palette" tab:
- Attributes: Drag and drop attributes in sections.
- Text - Text field for entering text values.
- Date - Date field for choosing a date.
- Number - Number field for entering the number.
- Currency - Currency field for entering currency values.
- ToWords - Convert the value to words.
- Radio - Radio fields for opting for the values.
- Toggle - To enable or disable the values.
- Checkbox - For choosing multiple values.
- Dropdown - Dropdown field for choosing a specific value.
- Link - Link field for entering URLs.
- Textarea - Enter the paragraph on the object.
- Address - Add the Address information.
- File - File format can be inserted.
- Spacer - It allows us to generate the space between attributes.
- Function - Function field provides various functions.
- Ref App - Ref app provides a reference to various other apps.
- Ref App Field - Ref app field provides a drop-down of various reference fields in the Ref apps.
- Phone - Phone field for entering a phone number.
- Email - Email field for entering an email.
- Finkey - Finkey field helps in financial accounting.
- Account - The account field helps in providing an account.
- Conkey - Conkey field helps in financial accounting.
- Counter - You can add pre-defined counter values so that the numbers are auto-increased.
- In Master Layout, there are another two tabs "Inspector" and "Revisions".
- The Inspector tab allows you to give the details of the selected field. Whereas, the Revision tab allows you to view the past changes made in the master layout and also restores that revision.
- Now, to insert attributes, drag and drop an attribute from the “Attributes” section under “Palette”. Here, the File attribute is added.
- You can also customize the attribute according to your requirements using the Inspector tab of that attribute.
- Click on “Save” to save the changes made. Thus, you have added the custom attribute to the layout.