Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on March 26, 2020 03:12AM by Admin
The opportunity is the second phase of the sales stage. This is the phase after Lead. It's the opportunity that is converted to an Order once a deal has been finalized. This Opportunities App allows you to easily keep track of the sales opportunities and organize your efforts to close deals successfully.
This opportunity’s access level is an additional layer of security over the access roles provided to the employees. Enabling this setting will restrict access to individual opportunities, based on whether the current user is assigned to that opportunity, or whether they manage an employee assigned to that opportunity. This access level can be set to any one of the following two options:
- All - Allows all employees in your business to access all opportunities, as long as they have access to the Opportunities App.
- Employees - Allows employees to access the opportunities assigned to them only. Additionally, if you would want certain employees and teams to access the opportunities, even though they are not assigned to them, they can be added under the “Exceptions”.
Note: Those employees added under the Exceptions, should be given the privilege to access the Opportunities App. Only then they can view the opportunities without being assigned.
Steps to Customize Data Level Access
- Click on the Settings->Security-> Access Level. This will display the Opportunities Access Level. Here, you can customize your data access permission.
- Here, you can set the criteria for who can access the Opportunities App.
- By default, the configuration is set for all. Everyone who has access to the Opportunities App can view and edit all the records.
Instance: When the access is given to Employees
- If the View access is given as Employees, then the record can be viewed only by the Employee for whom the Opportunity is assigned.
- If the Edit access is given as Employees, then the record can be edited only by the Employee for whom the Opportunity is assigned.
For Example: Consider an Opportunity is assigned to an Employee, Peyton Daniel.
Now, when another employee, Nadia James who doesn’t have access to that record tries to view it. She would not have access as the Opportunity is assigned to another Employee.
- In both cases, the Managers of the Employee can also View and Edit the records.
Instance: When Exceptions are added
- Apart from specific employees, you can provide access to other users by enabling the Exception toggle. [May be your Sales Manager or General Manager]
- After enabling, you can add other users by clicking on the "+" icon. It can be either employees or teams.
For Instance: Nadia James is added under Exceptions. When she tries navigates to the Opportunities App, she will have access to view all the records.
- Along with this, she can also edit the records. Below, the Opportunity is assigned to Peyton Daniel, but Nadia James has access to edit it.