Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on October 8, 2020 06:57AM by Admin
Items App allows you to add any custom fields that aren't provided on the creation page by default. You can load your creation page with new sections and fill them up with your own text fields, radio buttons, dropdowns, etc. These are like business attributes which support you to customize your business with the custom fields. They can be quickly and easily added for customization.
Steps to Create Custom Attributes
- Log in and access Items App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the "More" icon and select “Settings” located at the app header bar.
- Click on the Customize app and select the "Master Layout" from the left navigation panel.
- If you are a standard plan user, then you need to upgrade your account to use this feature.
- You can view the custom attributes dashboard with the following fields:
- Sections: Click on the “One Column” or “Two Column” section to create custom sections.
- Attributes: Drag and drop attributes in sections.
- Text - Text field for entering text values.
- Date - Date field for choosing a date.
- Number - Number field for entering the number.
- Currency - Currency field for entering currency values.
- Radio - Radio fields for opting for the values.
- Checkbox - Checkbox field for choosing multiple values.
- Dropdown - Dropdown field for choosing a specific value from a list.
- Link - Link field for entering URLs.
- Text area - The text area field provides a description field for entering text.
- Address - Address field for providing an address.
- Spacer - Spacer field for providing space.
- Function - Function field provides with various functions.
- Ref App - Ref app provides a reference for various apps.
- Ref App field - Ref app field provides a drop-down of various reference fields.
- Phone - Phone field for entering a phone number.
- Email - Email field for entering an email.
- Finkey - Finkey field helps in financial accounting.
- Account - The account field helps in providing an account.
- Conkey - Conkey field helps in financial accounting.
- You can Drag and drop the necessary attributes in the sections and save it to make completed.
- For instance: Consider an employee, who wants to add a custom section “Detailed Information” with the custom fields “Description” and “Category”. In that case, you can add these additional attributes by customizing the master layout.
- Click on the section name and rename it as “Detailed Information” in the “Inspector” tab.
- Click on the attributes and change the names of the attributes in the Inspector Tab.
- Click on the “Save” button to make the custom fields to be saved in the Master layout.
- You can view the custom fields on the Create Item and Overview page.