What is SLA?
A service-level agreement (SLA) is a part of a service contract where a service is formally defined. In practice, the term SLA is sometimes used to refer to the contracted delivery time. Service level agreements allow you to add SLAs for your cases.
Steps to Create Service Level Agreement
- Log in and access the Cases app from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the “More” icon and select the "Settings" located at the App Header bar.
- Click on “SLA's” from the left navigation panel.
- Click on the "Create" button and specify the SLA name and the basis.
- In the Events section, click the Add button to choose the event during which the SLA must be activated. You can create more than one event for an SLA.
- In the Create SLA Event popup, add a name and choose the condition during which this event must be activated. Now, select the time duration after which this event must take place.
- Select what action must be taken when this event becomes true for a case from the Actions field. Here, you can reassign the case to any employee or team. You can also send an email to an employee, manager, or team.
- On selecting create, a new event is created. Similarly, create other required events. Once the events are created, scroll to the Reports section.
- In the Report section, you can generate reports for two criteria.
- Case is not closed
- Assignee has not responded to email
- You can set the filters for reports based on the events created in an SLA. The events created for Case is not closed will be listed in the Case is not closed report dropdown and the events created for Assignee has not responded to email will be shown in the Assignee has not responded to email report dropdown.
- When no event is selected, then the system will generate the report based on the event whose time configured in the After duration is the longest.
- When an event is selected, then the system will generate the report based on the time duration configured in the selected event.
- The changes are saved automatically and a new SLA is created.