Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on January 3, 2018 09:32pm by Admin
Every employee in your business has the ability to connect their IMAP email server accounts, which allows you to Sync Email Accounts with Apptivo. Preferences in Apptivo help you to setup and sync email accounts. Before you set up to sync email, firstly go through what Email Forwarding and Authentication mean.
Email forwarding refers to the process of re-directing a received email message from one email address to Apptivo.
Email authentication is a verification process which verifies that the received email is from your business domain and it does not belong to the spam. Note: Make sure to configure Email forwarding before authenticating an email address.
Go through the steps below to effectively sync email.
Steps to Set up Email in Preferences Settings
- Log in to your account and click on "Account Name" at the top right corner.
- Click on “Preferences” from the listed options.
- You will find the set of configuration features in the left column and their actual attribute values in the right column.
Steps to Enable Email Forwarding
- Click on "Email" from the left navigation panel.
- Click on “Add” button
- Setup an email account and specify your "Email id" and click "Save" button at the bottom.
- Click on "Edit" option to get the generated code
- Now copy the generated code.
- Navigate to your account (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc) and click on "Settings" option:
- Now select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab and click on “Add a Forwarding Address”.
- Paste the "Forwarding email address" as shown in the image:
- Now a pop up window will appears, click on "Proceed" button to receive an acknowledgement email with a confirmation code.
- Now you can view the code in homepage dashboard's "Emails" inbox as shown in following image:
- Copy and paste the code in “Verify code” field of your Gmail account as shown in the following image:
- You have to manually select the "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" option (By default "Disable forwarding" option will enabled).
- Now all your emails received in your Gmail account will be immediately collected into apptivo account
Steps to Authenticate Email Address
- Click on “Edit” button against the email forwarding completed mail id as shown in the following image:
- Enable "IMAP Support" toggle and provide the following details
- Email Service (Optional) - Select a email service from available options.
- User Name – Email address
- Password – Password for email address
- IMAP Host Name – Provide IMAP host name
- Port – Provide port number
- You can also authenticate more than one email account or multiple accounts in your business firm.
- You can also send emails through the authenticated address. Read more...
- Once this crm gmail integration and sync is done successfully, the emails will get associated with the respective objects automatically, whenever an object (customer, contact or lead etc.) sends an email to the authenticated email address.