Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on August 26, 2017 05:27AM by Admin
If you have a lot of business or personal custom fields while importing contacts, customers, leads etc information that you keep in a spreadsheet, you can import them directly into specified apps. Following are the steps to import Contacts CSV with new custom fields or columns.
There are four major steps:
- Get your contact data ready to be imported with custom fields.
- You will need to create custom fields in Contacts App.
- Import the CSV file format.
- Map the Excel spreadsheet columns with the appropriate Contacts fields.
Step One: Mapping structure
|CSV fields||Contacts App fields|
|Name||Custom Field (Full Name)|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Street Address||Billing Address - Address Line 1|
|City||Billing Address - City|
|State/Province||Billing Address - State|
|Postal Code||Billing Address - Zipcode|
|Country or Region||Billing Address - Country|
Step Two: Create custom fields in Contacts App
- Log in and access Contacts App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on "More" icon and select “Settings” located at the app header bar.
- Click on "Customize App" from the left navigation panel.
- Add the above mentioned custom fields office, department, full name and initials.
- Create custom communication type "Pager" using "Communication" setting as shown in the image below:
Step Three: Start the import
- Click on "More" icon and select “Import” icon located at the app header bar.
- Click on "New Import" button.
- Click on "Browse" button and Choose CSV (Comma Separated Values) file from your computer and click "Next".
- Make sure to set the date format that matches your file. Click on "Import" button to import records.
- Do not click "Import" yet, because you'll need to "Map" some of the columns in your CSV file to the contact fields. Mapping can figure out the imported contacts, just the way you want.
Step 4: Map fields(columns) to Contacts App fields
- Map contacts fields to respective CSV fields based on the mapping structure as shown in the table above.
- You will see two rows, one is with your CSV column names and other one is Contacts app fields.
- The fields Salutation, First Name and Last Name are default contact fields, so if the contact information in your file has any of those contact names, you're good to go.
- Click on to each field, you will see a drop down with sections available; click on "Please Choose"
You can find the field names, scroll down in the pane on the right for more fields.
- Map custom fields pager, office, department, full name and initials as shown in the image below:
- Map "Department"(Custom field), this field can be located at any section, here it is in "Contact Details" section:
- Map "Office"(Custom field), as shown in the image below:
- Map "Initials"(Custom Field), as shown in the image below:
- Map Full name(Custom Fields), as shown in the image below: