Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
How do I Enable Timer for viewing Cases?
Updated on October 1, 2020 07:44AM by Admin
Cases App allows you to enable the timer for resolving any issues with the cases. That is, you can set the work timer and let the clock count your time spent in resolving the cases. There are two different ways of setting the timer.
- Automatic - This automatically records the time you work.
- Manual - This is set manually. You can easily pause, or stop the timer if the need arises.
Steps to Enable Timer for Viewing Cases
- Log in and access Cases App from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the “More(...)” icon and select “Settings” from the app header bar.
- Select “Time Tracking” under the “Cases” dropdown located in the left navigation panel. The Time Tracking page will come into view. This feature is disabled by default.
- Now, toggle ON the “Enable timer for case view”.
- On enabling, the timer can be tracked in two ways:
- Automatic - The timer will start automatically, whenever you do a certain activity in the case.
- Manual - The timer can be started using the “Start” button in the cases.
- You can stop the timer by clicking the Stop button.
- Now, you can view the time taken in the case from the Work Logs tab. If you have configured manual time tracking, then you can start the timer from the Work Logs tab.
- Thus, the timer can be successfully set to view the cases.
Note: You can also create reports to track the time spent for the cases for a customer using the Cases Hours by Customers Reports.
- Go to the Settings to enable the Cases Hours by Customer toggle.
- You can view the report for the customer by clicking on the Report option in the app header, and selecting the necessary report.
- You can make use of the filters to customize your reports.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):