Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on May 16, 2017 05:29am by Admin
The Milestones in Projects App is a reference point that denotes a major activity in a project and is used to monitor the progress of the project. The Projects App allows you to create Milestones and each milestone consists of a number of Tasks that is assigned to an employee.
This feature allows you to set a default assignee for the tasks created in the projects app, reducing the need for selecting the employees manually, each time a project is created. While creating milestones and tasks, there are two ways to set the default assignee:
- Static - The Static option lets you select the preferred assignee from the list of employees.
- Dynamic - The Dynamic option automatically picks up the logged in user as the default assignee.
For instance: Consider a Sales Manager (Katie Dustin). Now, while creating projects, he wants the “System Admin” (Sharon M. Kaplan) to be set as the default assignee for all the tasks and milestones. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
Steps to Set the Default Assignee
- Go to Projects App.
- Click on “More (...)” icon -> “Settings” -> “Customize App” -> “Master Layout”. Make sure that the “Assignee Type” field is enabled. Note: By default it will be Toggled OFF.
- Now, click on “Settings” -> “Projects” -> “Templates”.
- Click on an existing template or create a new template.
- Under the Project Information section, you can see the “Assignee Type” field.
- Select the “Assignee Type” as “Static”. Search and select for “System Admin” (Sharon M. Kaplan) in the “Project Manager” field.
- Click on "Save".
- In the same way, set the Assignee Type for the Milestones also.
- Now, create a project and select the above created template in the "Template" dropdown. On selecting, the Project Manager will be auto-populated.
- Whenever a project is created using this template, the default assignee for the milestones will be the “System Admin”.