Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on February 6, 2019 05:12am by Admin
The G Suite Imap integration enables authentication using the OAuth (Open Authorization). Using this, you can enable email sync between your G Suite account and Apptivo, without giving your passwords.
Steps to Enable Oauth for G Suite
- Log in and click on the username drop-down and select the "Preferences" option.
- You will be redirected to the Preferences page. Click on Email -> G Suite from the left navigation panel.
- The “Configure Gsuite” page will be opened. Click on “G Suite” button to enable OAuth where you can sync email via Gsuite.
- On clicking, you will be asked to sign in to your Gsuite account.
- Provide your G Suite ID and Password. Click on Next.
- Your account is now enabled for OAuth. Click on “Enable” button to initiate the email sync.
- You will now get a new forwarding email id as shown in the image below. Copy the forwarding id.
- Now, you have to set up Email Forwarding with this newly generated Id to sync all your incoming emails.
- To do so, navigate to your G Suite account and click on "Settings" option. Select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab and click on “Add a Forwarding Address”.
- Paste the "Forwarding email address" in the popup and click "Next".
- Now a pop-up window will appear, click on "Proceed" to receive an acknowledgment email with a confirmation code.
- You can now view the code in your "Apptivo Inbox" as shown in the following image:
- Copy and paste the code in “Verify code” field of your Gmail account.
- Ensure to manually select the "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" option (By default "Disable forwarding" option will be enabled).
- Now all your emails received in your G Suite account will immediately get collected in your Apptivo account.
Note: With this procedure of Gsuite authentication using OAuth, you can configure only a single Email Id for email authentication and forwarding. If you are in need of many Gmail accounts to get authenticated to Apptivo, you can follow the process of Setup Email in Preferences Settings