Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on October 11, 2018 06:35AM by Admin
Orders App has a prominent feature that allows you to convert the existing Order to Invoice to generate invoices for the same. These invoices can be send through email or printed as PDF. Let’s go through the following steps.
There are two types of conversions that can be followed through which an order is converted to an invoice:
- Standard Conversion - The standard conversion is the default conversion provided by Apptivo. By default, this conversion only will take place, when you convert an order to an invoice. This will carry forward and map only the values of the standard fields.
- Custom Conversion - The custom conversion gives you the ability to customize how the conversion process should take place. That is, if you are having various custom fields in your orders and you need all those custom fields to be carried forward to the Invoices during conversion, then you can go with the custom mapping. You can map the fields according to your needs.
Let’s now walk through the steps for the custom conversion for converting an order to invoice.
Steps to convert an Order to Invoice
- Log in to your account and access the Orders App.
- Click on “More (...)” > Settings >Orders > Conversion.
- By default, the Standard Conversion will be selected.
- Select the Custom Conversion option, which will display the Mapping button next to the Invoice.
- Click Mapping.
- On clicking Mapping, you will be redirected to the Invoice Mapping Fields page. The fields of the Invoice App will be displayed in the left side and those of the Estimates App will be listed in the drop-down.
- You can now select and map the fields as per your requirement, based on which the conversion will be carried out (Note: Ensure to map an attribute with a similar type of attribute, say a Text field with a Text field and Date with a Date field)
- Once mapped, click on Update.
- Now based on the mapping of the fields, when you convert an order to an invoice, the values will get populated accordingly.