Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
How to check your SPF and DKIM keys?
Updated on May 22, 2018 12:09AM by Admin
Once you have added the appropriate SPF and DKIM records in your email service provider, it can nearly take about 24 hours for the changes to get reflected. To ensure that you have updated your DNS records correctly, there are some third-party resources you can make use of.
Steps to Check SPF and DKIM records
- Go to the link >> https://mxtoolbox.com/NetworkTools.aspx
- In the SPF checker field, enter your domain name as shown in the below image and click the Go button:
- In case of the SPF record being updated correctly, the result will be like in the below image:
- Now to check for your DKIM record, enter “apptivo.com:apptivomail” in the DKIM field as shown in the below image and click on the Go button:
- Similar to SPF, if the DKIM record is updated correctly, the result will be like in the below image. (Note: The key length of the DKIM should be 1024, as we are providing 1024 bit length key)
- Go to the link >> https://www.mail-tester.com/spf-dkim-check
- Enter your domain name in the Domain Name field and give DKIM Selector as “apptivomail”, and click “Check SPF & DKIM keys”.
- The result should be displayed as the following:
- SPF record should be on a single line, containing only one “all” at the end of the line. The DKIM key length must be “1024”, as we are providing 1024 key lengths DKIM key.
Check the validation of SPF records
- Go to the link >> http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html
- Enter your domain name.
- This check reveals if your SPF record is valid or not.
- If the result is displayed as “Results - record processed without error.” or “SPF record passed validation test with pySPF (Python SPF library)!”, then you have configured the SPF record correctly. Else, you need to verify your SPF record again.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):