Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on September 20, 2018 07:37am by Admin
Google Gmail Integration with Apptivo
Integrating Google mail and Apptivo is a 3-step process:
- Enable OAuth for G Suite in Apptivo
- Configure Email forwarding in Gmail
- Configure IMAP in Apptivo
1) Enable OAuth for G Suite inside Apptivo
Some providers such as Gmail and Outlook, support OAuth (Open Authorization), which means that Apptivo does not handle your login credentials at all. Instead, OAuth works by approving Apptivo as an application and letting it access your mail, for as long as you would like.
- Log in to your Apptivo account.
- Go to Preferences > Email > G Suite.
- In the page next, click the button G Suite to enable OAuth between G Suite and Apptivo.
- Next, you will be redirected to google sign in page. Enter the details and click Next.
- Once you've signed in successfully, your account will be enabled for OAuth and you will be redirected back to Apptivo app.
- Click the Enable button.
- Your Apptivo forward email address will be generated. You'll have to set up email forwarding with this newly generated address to sync all your incoming emails.
2) Configure Email forwarding in Gmail
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click (Settings icon) and select Settings.
- In the Settings page, click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Click Add a Forwarding Address button.
- Now, copy and Paste the Apptivo Forwarding address and click Next.
- Now, a popup window will open asking you to confirm the action. Click the Proceed button and a verification code will be sent to the Apptivo Forwarding email address entered.
- Now, enter the Verification Code under Forwarding and click Verify.
- Next, select the Forward a copy of incoming mail to option. (By default "Disable forwarding" option will be selected).
3) Configure IMAP in Apptivo
Apptivo "IMAP support" helps to sync the sent emails from any of your business email accounts to Apptivo email account. When you receive an email into Apptivo it automatically checks the “To” and “From” to determine whether any contact or customer is associated to that email id. If that is the case then the email can be viewed under the corresponding contact or customer.
To configure IMAP in Apptivo,
- Log in to your account and go to Preferences > Email > IMAP.
- Click the Edit button against the respective configured forwarding address as shown in the image below.
- Next, enable the IMAP Support toggle button and enter the following details.
- Email Service (Optional) - Select an email service from available options.
- User Name – Gmail address
- Password – Password of Gmail account
- IMAP Host Name – Provide IMAP hostname
- Port – Provide port number
- After entering, click the Authenticate button to validate the email address and to start receiving G Suite emails in Apptivo. Note: You will have to authenticate the email address again if you change the password.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):