Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on November 29, 2018 11:15PM by Admin
Apptivo’s present integration with Office 365 allows you to associate Apptivo instantly with Office 365, and enables you to enter all your business data (Emails and Events) in your inbox right when you require it!! With this integration, an ample amount of time is saved as one can synchronize the calendar events and emails instantly.
Integrating Apptivo with Office 365 will help with the following features,
Recently we have been getting a lot of questions about syncing contacts from Office 365 and vice versa with Apptivo. As a result of this, we have come up with the integration of PieSync, which helps in simplifying your synchronization process for Office 365.
PieSync Integration Overview
What Is PieSync?
PieSync is a robust tool that enables bi-directional contact synchronization by amplifying integration between several cloud apps. It helps you in getting the foremost of your contacts by syncing and keeping your contact database up to date.
It eliminates the clumsy task of importing and exporting contacts as it directly shares and updates your contact data without any flaw.
PieSync helps you build your business by increasing productivity. It synchronizes contact bases between various cloud apps. Most cloud apps work with import/export functions which means you have to periodically remember to update your cloud apps with new data. With PieSync you no longer have to manually import/export your data. PieSync automatically transfers your data, and any updates you make, in real time, across all your connected cloud apps.
With the help of PieSync, there are 40+ App Connections currently available for Apptivo which can be easily integrated to Sync/Share their data with each other.
Integration with Apptivo
PieSync integrates Apptivo with other apps for an automatic 2-way contacts sync. Every time you add or update a contact in Apptivo, it is automatically synced with the other app and vice versa - eliminating import/export.
PieSync integration syncs all your contacts bidirectionally across your favorite cloud apps, hence you can enter customer data once. This way you’ll dramatically decrease manual errors. Most cloud apps work with import/export functions which means you have to periodically remember to update your cloud apps with new data. With PieSync you no longer have to manually import/export your data. PieSync automatically transfers your data, and any updates you make in real time across all your connected cloud apps.
With a solitary sign-on, you can get to sync all the Apptivo Contacts and RingCentral contacts, disregarding the process of exchanging between applications and dealing with different records.
PieSync Integration Details
This integration of Apptivo with PieSync gives you the superpower to automate your work of syncing contacts effectively on the go.
With the introduction of our new integration with PieSync, Apptivo customers now have the ability to do the following:
PieSync, being a two-way contact sync tool, seamlessly integrates with Office 365 and effortlessly syncs in unlimited contact records to and from Apptivo and Office 365. Besides the sync process being b23i-directional, Apptivo users can also sync it in one-way too (either from O365 to Apptivo or from Apptivo to O365).
If users database consists of any duplicate records it can be easily removed during the sync. Preventing duplicates from re-entering the database is an added advantage which will eliminate a major drawback of repetition.
The base functionality of the integration is the auto-synchronize. Apptivo users are given the privilege of syncing all their updates made to the contact records within seconds. All the updates that are made to a contact are verified and updated accordingly on all your platforms where the contact exists, giving you the full control to stay on top of the most up-to-date info.
Build Your Own Sync Rule
Based on your business requirements, you can customize and configure your own sync rule, specifying how and what attributes of each app should be synced.
Track Sync Status
This integration lets you track the transaction progress in real time, displaying the date wise sync operations and frequency curve in the analytic dashboard.
High-Level Sync Flow
The process of setting up your sync is simple. To start the sync process you will require a PieSync Account. After creating a PieSync account you can follow the below mentioned steps to initiate your sync.
1.Log into your PieSync Account.
2. Upon logging into Piesync you will arrive at the Dashboard where you will find various apps to sync your data with.
3. To start your synchronization process you will need to follow the following steps:
- Choose Your Apps
- Authorize Your Apps
- Configure Your Sync
Choose Your Apps
Firstly you would start by choosing the apps between which you would like to sync your data. There is a huge list of apps to choose from PieSync Dashboard.
For Example, We are going to start a sync between Apptivo and Office365
1. Search for Apptivo and click on the Apptivo App, once displayed.
2. The second step is to search for Office 365. Click on the icon once displayed.
3. Thus by doing this, you have completed the initial process of choosing apps to sync.
Authorize Your Apps
The next step is to authorize the selected apps to start the syncing process, as PieSync requires registered accounts and the permission from both the apps to sync. Since we are syncing Apptivo and Office 365 we would require an account with both the apps.
1. Click on Authorize Apptivo button.
2. After clicking on Authorize Apptivo you will see a pop-up asking for API & Access keys from your Apptivo account (you can get it from (Apptivo -> Business Settings).
3. Copy paste the details in the pop-up and click on Next button as shown in the image below:
4. By doing so, the corresponding Apptivo account will be successfully authorized.
5. Now, click on the Authorize Office 365 Outlook.com button.
6. You will be redirected to Office 365 login page where you would be asked to Sign in to Authorise the App.
7. By doing so, the corresponding Office 365 account will be successfully authorized.
Configure Your Sync
Once both the accounts are authorized we can go forward and start the sync between them. Click on Configure the sync between Office 365 Outlook.com and Apptivo.
PieSync allows the sync process to be done in three ways that are:
- Sync Office 365 Outlook.com and Apptivo in both ways
- Sync only from Office 365 Outlook.com to Apptivo
- Sync only from Apptivo to Office 365 Outlook.com
Since we are going to conduct a two-way sync between Apptivo and Office 365 choose the appropriate option from the drop-down list.
Users can sync the contacts based on any conditional logic as per their business requirements.
The condition can be - If a contact is in Office 365 Outlook.com, “then” sync the contact to Apptivo.
Similarly, If a contact is in Apptivo, “then” sync the contact to Office 365 Outlook.com.
(Global sync - Syncs all contacts in both RingCentral and Apptivo)
Thus you can add as many rules as you want by clicking on the “+ Add another rule...”.
- Avoid Duplicates - This option will, by default, be enabled.
- When a conflicting change is detected - In case of any conflicts occurring, in the above-created rule, this option decides the priority.
All the default fields in Apptivo and Office 365 accounts will get mapped automatically. There is no option to remove any of the default fields.
Note You can also add additional custom fields and those can be synced by clicking on the “+ Add field mapping” link.
1. Click on “Start Syncing Now” which can be found at the bottom right corner.
2. Upon clicking Start Syncing Now, A popup will be displayed as shown. Click on “Start Syncing”.
3. It will take a few seconds. Once the sync is completed successfully, the sync status will be displayed in the analytic dashboard. You can view the number of contacts synced and a frequency curve will show date wise sync operations.
4. You can also monitor your connection in real-time. If needed the sync process can also be paused based on the need.
View Synced Contacts
1. Go to your Office 365 account.
2. Under your contacts, you can view the contacts that were synced from Apptivo.
3. Similarly, You can view the contacts in your Apptivo Account by signing into Apptivo.
4. Under the Contacts App, you can find the contacts that are synced from Office 365.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):