Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on February 22, 2019 05:18am by Admin
Email is reliably the most referred one in driving a business’ revenue, and emails you send out should tempt your customer to take action, having an immediate impact. This process of sending emails on autopilot will be saving you a lot of time!
Note: This Email Sequence is only available in the Apptivo Ultimate and Enterprise plans. View Apptivo Pricing.
What is an Email Sequence?
Email Sequences in Apptivo bids farewell to the tedious traditional work of sending emails to your prospects by their response time, preventing you from missing customer follow-ups from the loop.
Email Sequence is a sequence of emails sent to a specific section of individuals on a predefined time interval. An email sequence is entirely the best approach to interest your would-be customers and makes more deals effectively.
How do Email Sequences work?
Email sequences are automated, using which you can send a series of targeted, timed emails to nurture a prospect over time. And following up regularly with emails, you eventually have a high probability of converting your prospects to customers over time.
Steps to create an Email Sequence
Setting up an email sequence is quite simpler!
- Log in to your Apptivo account and access the Customers App.
- Go to Settings > Email > Email Sequence > and click Create button.
- You will be redirected to the email sequence creation page, where you can create and configure the sequence of emails that are to be sent. Enter the following details:
- Name - Enter the Name of the Email Sequence that you want to create.
- From Address - Enter the “From Address” from which the email sequence has to be sent. You can configure the From Address in either of the following two ways:
- Static- You can enter the “From Address” and “From Name” manually.
- Dynamic – You can select a specific employee or a team.
- Trigger To - Denote the “email type” of the customer to which the email sequence should be sent.
- CC Address - Enter the Recipient's email address.
- Start Frequency - Specify the time to start the Email Sequence either Immediately or Later In(in terms of hours)
- You will be redirected to the email sequence creation page, where you can create and configure the sequence of emails that are to be sent.
- Email 1 is the first email that will be sent out in the sequence. Enter the following details:
- Subject - Enter the email subject.
- Message - Enter the email message. You can also include the customer attributes from the Palette to the email body, which will pull in the respective customer’s value.
- If no reply after - This is the criteria based on which the email sequence functions. Enter the number of days after which the second email in the sequence is to be sent if there is no reply from the customer.
- To create the next email in the sequence, click the Add Email button found at the bottom.
- Similarly, create the required number of emails.
- Finally, click Update.
Now that you have created an email sequence, the next step is to link and start the required email sequence for the customer. To do so, create a new customer or open an existing customer. In the Customers' Overview page, click the Enroll Sequence button.
Select the created email sequence in the Email Sequence drop down. And click on Enroll.
You can view the selected sequence populated in the Email Sequence field under the Additional Information section and also the Start and Delete buttons in the top right corner. Click Start. (Note: Once you click on Start, the Start button will get changed to Stop)
On clicking Start, the first email in the sequence will be sent out to the customer. It would wait for the specified duration (the duration entered in the “If no reply after” field), and if the customer has not responded back till then, the second email would be sent out.
In case, if the customer has replied, the email sequence would stop automatically, and the Stop button in the Overview page will get auto-updated to Start again. You can also Pause or Stop the email sequence anytime you require.
- Ensure to enable the Email Sequence field from the Customers App Settings > Customize App > Master Layout > Hierarchical View.
- Also, go to Security > Actions and enable the Enroll Sequence, Unenroll Sequence, Start, Stop, Pause, and Resume buttons.