Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on January 1, 2019 07:05AM by Admin
Triggers empower you to automate actions increasing effectiveness and ensure the business process does not slip through. With every trigger you set up, you can characterize a sequence of automated actions and activities to trigger once the conditions are fulfilled. Purchase Orders App allows you to set the following two types of triggers - Event Based and Time Based.
With triggers, you are able to specify exactly how an automation should be initiated. You can add multiple triggering conditions so that the same automation is initiated for multiple events.
Event Based Triggers
The Event Based Triggers in Apptivo Purchase Orders App are used, when there is a need to execute an action after the occurrence of a certain event. Here, the trigger can be set for the events like Creating or Updating Purchase Orders.
Time Based Triggers
Time based triggers are created and executed when you would want to perform an action multiple times (Recurring) or only once (One-Time) after the triggering criteria is met.
Trigger actions are nothing but the automated actions that has to be performed once the triggering criteria is satisfied. Once a trigger criteria are set, there are four automatic actions that can be triggered:
- Send Email - An email can be triggered to the Buyer, Employee or a Team.
- Update Attribute - Updates a particular attribute value.
- Update Associated Object Attributes - Updates the attribute values of its associated objects.
- Call a Webhook URL - A Webhook URL gives you the ability to push the real time information from Apptivo to your customer database instantly. Through Webhook URL the details created/updated/deleted in Apptivo will get reflected in your customer database enabling your employees/the concerned to make hold of the data.
For instance: Consider, being the Sales Manager, you would want the buyer (employee) to be notified of the Purchase Orders, whose Need By Date is in the next 5 days so that they can follow up with the respective suppliers and get the products/items delivered on time. For this, we can create an Event Based Trigger, where:
- Event - Purchase Order created with Need By Date in the Next 5 days.
- Action to be triggered - Send a reminder email to the buyer.
Steps to Create Event Based Triggers
- Go to the Purchase Orders App.
- Click on “More (...)” icon -> “Settings” -> “Purchase Orders” -> “Triggers”.
- Select “Event Based” triggers option. And click on “Create”.
- In the creation page, define the following:
- Name - Enter the name of the event based trigger.
- Enabled - Slide the toggle ON, to keep this trigger working.
- Event - Select “Purchase Orders Created” by checking on the respective radio button.
- The Criteria section is where we are going to define the trigger condition. Here, we are going to set the following criteria:
Need By Date = Future In the Next 5 Days
- In the “Action” section, select “Send Email”.
- The Create External Email popup will be displayed. Fill in the required details and in the Trigger To drop down, select “Attribute” and set it Buyer.
- Click “Create”.
- Finally, click the “Create” button to complete.
- So, now whenever a purchase order gets created with the Need By Date in 5 days, an email will be triggered to that buyer, as shown in the image below: