Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on January 1, 2019 08:56AM by Admin
Triggers empower you to automate actions increasing effectiveness and ensure business process does not slip through. With every trigger you set up, you can characterize a sequence of automated actions and activities to trigger once the conditions are fulfilled. Projects App allows you to set the following two types of triggers - Event Based and Time Based.
With triggers, you are able to specify exactly how an automation should be initiated. You can add multiple triggering conditions so that the same automation is initiated for multiple events.
Event Based Triggers
The Event Based Triggers in Apptivo Projects App are used, when there is a need to execute an action after the occurrence of a certain event. Here, the trigger can be set for the events like creating/updating/deleting projects.
Time Based Triggers
Time based triggers are created and executed when you would want to perform an action multiple times (Recurring) or only once (One-Time) after the triggering criteria is met.
Trigger actions are nothing but the automated actions that has to be performed once the triggering criteria is satisfied. Once a trigger criteria are set, there are three automatic actions that can be triggered:
- Send Email - An email can be triggered to the Referred By, Assigned To, Customer, Employee or a Team.
- Update Attribute - Updates a particular attribute value.
- Update Associated Object Attributes - Updates the attribute values of its associated objects.
- Call a Webhook URL - A Webhook URL gives you the ability to push the real time information from Apptivo to your customer database instantly. Through Webhook URL the details created/updated/deleted in Apptivo will get reflected in your Customer’s database enabling your employees/ the concerned to make hold of the data.
For instance: Consider a admin, who wants to trigger an email to the Project Manager (employee to whom the project is assigned), whenever a project is created. For this, an Event Based Trigger can be created.
Steps to Create Event Based Triggers
- Go to the Projects App.
- Click on “More (...)” icon -> “Settings” -> “Projects” -> “Triggers”.
- Select “Event Based” triggers option. And click “Create”.
- In the creation page, define the following:
- Name - Enter the name of the event based trigger.
- Enabled - Slide the toggle ON, to keep this trigger working.
- Event - Select “Projects Created” by checking on the respective radio button.
- In the “Criteria” section, define the criteria as “Project Manager = Ann Mathews”, by selecting the required attributes from the drop down.
- In the “Action” section, select “Send Email”.
- The Create External Email popup will be displayed. Select “Trigger To” as “Employee”.
- Click “Create”.
- Finally, click on “Create” to complete.
- So, now whenever a project is created and is assigned to Ann Mathews, an email will be triggered to that him, as shown in the image below.