Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on March 11, 2019 12:01am by Admin
Anything that signals an action when an event occurs is a trigger. Apptivo Triggers allows you to perform automated actions like updating an attribute based on a particular criterion. With triggers, you are able to specify precisely how automation will be initiated. This feature is available in the following activities: Tasks, Call Logs, Events, and Follow-Ups.
Triggers in Apptivo activities are of two types. They are:
- Event Based
- Time Based
Event Based Triggers
The Event Based Triggers in the Activities are initiated when we have to execute an action after the occurrence of a certain condition.
Event Based Triggers are built upon concerning three major events.
Once trigger criteria are set, these are the automatic actions that can be triggered:
- Update Attribute - Updates a particular attribute value.
- Call a Webhook URL
Time Based Triggers
The Time Based Triggers in the Activities are initiated when we have to perform an action for a repeated number of times or just once, based on a condition.
Time Based Triggers are built upon two execution frequency. They are:
- One Time - You could set one time trigger
- Recurring - You could set repetitive trigger
For Instance: Let us consider creating Triggers in Tasks
Steps to Create an Event Based and Time Based Trigger
- Log in to your Apptivo account and on the Homepage click on “Tasks” from the left navigation panel.
- Click on “More (...)” icon -> “Settings” -> “Tasks” -> “Triggers”.
- For Event Based: Select “Event Based” triggers from the dropdown. Click on “Create”.
- For Time Based: Select “Time Based” triggers from the dropdown. Click on “Create”.
- In the creation page, define the following:
- Name - Enter the name of the trigger.
- Enabled - Slide the toggle ON, to have this trigger working.
- For Event Based: Event - Select “Task Created” radio button.
- For Time Based: Execution Frequency - Select “Recurring” radio button and fill in the values for the corresponding dropdown.
- In the “Criteria” section, define the criteria as “Task Status = Scheduled”, by selecting the required attributes from the drop down.
For instance: Consider an employee, who wants to Update the Tags, whenever a Task is Scheduled (“Status = Scheduled”).
- In the “Actions” section, select “Update Attribute” in “Add” Dropdown.
- To Create Trigger, a popup will be displayed. Select “Attribute” and “Value”.
- Click on “Create”.
- So, now whenever a Task is with "Status = Scheduled", Tags will be Updated as Manager.