Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on March 19, 2019 05:05am by Admin
Access Level security gives the System Administrator (Super-User) the ability to restrict the access level and set up View/Edit access to his/her employees. Thus, the secondary level users or employees can have limited access, whereas the primary users or employees can have complete access. With this feature, you can allow certain employees/users to access and view your Apps. This can be configured in Leads, Customers, Opportunities, Projects, Contacts, Campaigns, and Cases Extended App.
For instance: Consider you are the Super-User, and you want all the employees to view and process only the Profit (Cases Extended App) assigned to them. Besides that, you also want the Project Manager, Albert Collins to access all the Profit, even the unassigned cases. In this scenario, you can set the Access Level as Employees and just add Albert Collins under the Exceptions.
Let's take a quick look at the steps to customize Access level Security for Profit(Cases Extended App).
Steps to Configure Access Level Security
- Log in and access the Profit App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on “More (...)” icon -> “Settings” -> “Security” -> “Access Level”.
- You can view the “Profit Access Level” setting which allows restricting Profit App visibility and also giving privilege level access to "View" and "Edit".There are two values found for accessing data. They are
- Employees – If you set it to an employee, only those speciﬁc employees assigned to Profit can view/Edit.
- All – If you set it to all, employees found in your account (who have login access) can view and access the object.
- Slide the “Exceptions” toggle ON to provide access to other users.
- Now, you can add other users by clicking on the “Add (+)” icon. It can be either employees or teams.
Note: Those employees added under the Exceptions, should be given the privilege to access the Profit App. Only then they can view the Profit without being assigned.
- The changes will be auto-saved.