Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on September 10, 2020 09:51PM by Admin
Recently we have been getting a lot of questions about how to integrate G Suite to the Apptivo Emails app. So you can use G Suite for your business email, which can be set up through the Apptivo Email app.
Steps to Install Apptivo Emails App
Log into your Gmail Account and select the Google Apps icon from the top right corner. Select More From G Suite Marketplace.
- You need to install the Apptivo Emails App from the G Suite Marketplace to start syncing your emails. Go to G Suite Marketplace and search for the Apptivo Emails app from the search box and click on it.
- The Apptivo Emails App will come into view. Click on it.
- In the Apptivo Emails App page in the Marketplace, select the Domain Install button.
- You will be notified to give App Access permission.
- On clicking Accept, you will be notified that the App is installed.
- Click Next to complete the installation.
- The App is installed successfully.
- You can also install the Apptivo Emails app by clicking here.
Apptivo allows G Suite Admin to install the Apptivo Emails app and configure G Suite sync. The user can use the G Suite sync. If it is the first time installing the Apptivo Email app, then the G Suite Admin has to set up the Apptivo Emails App using the “Additional Settings in G Suite Settings.”
Steps to set up Apptivo Email App
- Navigate to Settings in G Suite account and select “Manage this domain.”
- Go to Apps → Marketplace Apps → Apptivo Emails app.
- Select Settings for the Apptivo Emails app.
- Click on the hyperlink “Go to Apptivo Emails for setup” from additional settings.
Steps to Configure G Suite Email Sync in Apptivo
This feature is available in paid versions of Premium, Ultimate, and Enterprise plans.
- In your Apptivo account, click on Preferences -> General -> Email -> G Suite. You will be directed to the “Configure G Suite” page. Here, the Email ID used in the G Suite account will be auto-populated.
- You have the option to view the history of Authentication and Subscription. This can be viewed by selecting the preferred action from the “Action Type” dropdown.
- Now, click on “Enable Sync”.
- The sync will be enabled. Forwarding the Email ID field will be visible once the sync is successfully enabled.
- Copy the Forwarding Email ID from your Apptivo account and paste it in the “Forwarding my Emails” to field in G Suite Forwarding settings. Now, the emails will get synced with Apptivo.
- You can view the last sync time from G Suite, Status of G Suite authentication(Active or Inactive) and history details of Authentication, and Subscription.
You could also synchronize the Emails with Apptivo. Here’s how to do it:
Apptivo supports syncing of both the inbox and sent a folder of your email. To receive the complete synchronization experience, you must enable Email Forwarding.
Let’s have a look at it.
You can automatically forward all the incoming emails, to any other email account of your choice. Here is a simple way to get automatically the copy of the emails that arrive in Apptivo mail.
Steps to Configure Email Forwarding
- Access from “Apptivo” then go to “Email” option under “Preferences”
- After selecting the “Email “ option click on the “G Suite“ button.
- Then, you must collect the "Forward ID" from Apptivo.
- Once you get the Email Forwarding id, you can configure the "G Suite Email" by using the below steps on how to integrate,
- Login to "G Suite" Web App, click "Settings" → Mail Under Your App Settings.
- Go to Accounts → "Forwarding and POP/IMAP"
- Click on “Add a Forwarding address”.
- You put the Apptivo "Forwarding Id" here.
- On adding the forwarding id, proceed to get the confirmation code in your Apptivo emails.
- Copy the confirmation code and paste the same in the G Suite to verify code.
- Select the radio button to forward a copy of the incoming emails to the specified email.
- You can find the subscription renewal time with the last synced time being updated.
- Once finish the above steps, you can get all your G Suite emails into Apptivo.
- If the Admin installs the Apptivo Emails app in domain level, then all non-super users under the same domain will have the app added to their G Suite and Apptivo accounts. The other users with the same domain have to enable the Apptivo Emails app in their respective accounts.
- Once you enable the sync, emails from your G Suite mailbox will be available in Apptivo (the emails which are arriving after enabling the sync will be synced to Apptivo).
- All existing Gmail users' email sync will be moved to IMAP automatically.
For Existing Users:
Existing Users will have the below window. You need to install the Apptivo Emails app for their G Suite domain by following the steps mentioned above.
- If the existing users don’t want to proceed with the Apptivo Emails app, you can continue to sync with the prevailing OAuth till the OAuth sync is failed.