Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on August 26, 2020 07:52AM by Admin
Customizing your call flow becomes easier with the Contact Center App. Contact Center App allows you to set up your IVR(Interactive Voice Response) according to your necessity. You can decide when and to whom the call has to be forwarded.
- Log into your Apptivo account and navigate to the Contact Center App. In the Contact Center App, select Settings from the App Header.
- Go to Contact Center → Phone Numbers from the left navigation panel of the Settings page.
- The phone numbers available in your account will be listed.
- Select the phone number in which you want to configure the path criteria.
- In the Configure IVR page, enable the Enable Path Criteria toggle. You can set any number of paths. For each path, you can set up separate criteria. The criteria are checked for the incoming calls. You can set criteria for the following:
- A Contact’s phone number: If the incoming call is a contact present in the Contacts App, then the criteria will be checked.
- A Customer’s phone number: If the incoming call is a customer present in the Customers App, then the criteria will be checked.
- An unknown phone number: If the incoming call is a new phone number, you can set up a separate call handling rule. Then, you can effortlessly connect with your new customers.
- For each path, you can select only one caller ID and proceed with configuring the criteria for the caller ID. Here, the Caller ID is selected as Contact’s phone number.
- Once the Caller ID is selected, you can set the criteria for the caller ID. If the incoming contact matches the criteria, the call will be transferred to the selected path. Here, the criteria are set to forward the call if the First Name is Jason. So, when the incoming caller’s phone number matches with the first name - Jason in the Contacts App, then the call will be forwarded based on the configured call handling rule.
- You can set the path type to be Simple Forward or Standard Tree.
When Call Type is Simple Forward
- On selecting the call type as Simple Forward, you can easily forward the call to the selected phone number.
When Call Type is Standard Tree
- On selecting the call type as Standard Tree, you can add a message for the incoming call.
- In the Call Handling Rules, you can set the call tree and route the call directly to the concerned employee or teams.
Messages: You can convert your text to speech at the start of the call. The entered message will be converted to text.
Call Handling Rules: In the call handling rules, you can decide the call flow when the call reaches your organization or the contact center.
- Select Add Rule to start the process to enable the call handling rules.
- For Instance: Let us build the IVR for the contact center that represents your firm.
The caller can press a number → The caller has the option to choose numbers between 0 and 9 along with “.”, “*”, “#” according to the IVR setup.
You can choose to whom the call has to be forwarded to. Apptivo allows you to perform a number of routing.
- Route to Employee: Forward the calls to an Employee by clicking (+) to add a particular employee.
- Route to Team: Forward the calls to a Team by clicking (+). Anyone from the team can answer the call.
- Round Robin: When the configuration is Round Robin, the calls will be allocated automatically to the employees based on the idle time.
- Forward To: Forward the call to a particular number.
- Hang Up Call: On pressing a particular number, you can decide to hang up the call.
- Insert Nested Rule: Creates sub-IVR for a particular number by using the Nested rule.
- Voice Mail: Allows users to add a voice message that the caller will receive on selecting the voice mail number.
You can decide the properties of the call using the Inspector tab. Consider a routine is set to transfer the call to an Employee.
Start of Cycle
You can set up for how long the call can ring to the Employee.
End of Cycle
- If the call is not answered, then you can either set up to disconnect the call or add a message.
- If the message feature is disabled, then you can configure asking to just send a voicemail or add the call in the queue for a callback.
- If the message feature is enabled, then you can send a message using the Text to Speech Converter. You can also configure asking to send a voicemail or add the call in the queue for a callback.
- On clicking save, the changes will be updated.
Note: If more than one path is configured with the same criteria, the path whose priority is higher will be taken into consideration and the call will be transferred accordingly. Also, if you do not want to use this feature, you can simply disable the Enable Path Criteria toggle and save the changes.