Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on March 25, 2020 03:38AM by Admin
Suppliers App of Apptivo allows you to manage an efficient database of Suppliers. Suppliers App in Apptivo has security levels to customize the access level of different Employees in your business. You can restrict the access of Employees and secure the data handling brilliantly.
Suppliers App in Apptivo permits two kinds of access:
- Access to All
- Access to Employees Only
Apart from these two access levels, there are also Exceptions. Employees who are added to the Exception list will have access to all records irrespective of any access level. This applies only if they have App access Privilege.
Steps to customize the access level
- Click on the Settings→ Security → Access Level to view the Access levels available in the Suppliers App.
- By default, the configuration is set for all. Everyone who has access to the Suppliers App can view and edit all the records.
Instance: When Access is given to All
- Any Employee who has access to the Suppliers App will have access to view all the records in the Suppliers App. It also includes the records assigned to other Employees.
- Here, the below record is assigned to Peyton, but Caroline has access to view and edit.
Instance: When Access is given to Employees
- When the access level is set as Employees, only the Employees to whom the Supplier is assigned can access it.
- If the View access is given as Employees, then the record can be viewed only by the Employee for whom the Supplier is assigned.
- If the Edit access is given as Employees, then the record can be edited only by the Employee for whom the Supplier is assigned.
Note: Setting View access to Employees but edit access to All will not work as only those who have View access can edit a record.
- Consider View access and Edit access is configured as Employees Only.
- Here, the record Nathan is assigned to Caroline Forbes.
- When Peyton tries to access it, she cannot attain it as she neither has view access nor edit access. On the contrary, it will not list in her Show All page.
Instance: When an Employee is added as an Exception
- On adding an Employee as an exception, the particular employee has the privilege to view and edit the records assigned to other Employees when the access is set as Employees.
- To achieve this, enable the Exceptions toggle and click on (+) icon to add Employees to the list. Here, Nadia James is added.
- When Nadia James accesses the Suppliers App, she will have access to view and edit all the records.