Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
How to Configure Portal access for Inventory Management app?
Updated on May 25, 2020 12:06AM by Admin
Apptivo provides the ability to add third-party customers to manage their inventory, so they can log in and track on the movement of the items to have better control over the expiry of each batch. In addition, you can set web portal actions for those customers from the Inventory management app.
There are some set of steps to be followed in order to allow customer’s contact to access the Inventory app:
- Create Customer
- Create Contact
- Assigning Roles to the Contact
Create customer on a Business account
- Log in and access Customers App (CRM Category) from the universal navigation menu bar (Note: Make sure to add the Customers App from the App Store).
- Click on the “Create” button.
- Enter the required information to create a new customer.
- Click on the create button on the bottom right corner.
- You can view the Customer Overview page.
Create Contact for a Customer
- From the Customer Overview page, scroll down to view the Contacts Section. Click on the create button.
Note: Here, you can create a new contact that is associated with the selected customer.
- Add the mandatory details to create the contact. Email-id is mandatory for creating customer portal access. Then, click on the create.
- Now, your associated Contact(Hannah Lopez) is created for the Customer (Eric Watson).
Assigning Roles to Contact
The Roe assignment allows the contact to access the Inventory Portal.
- Go to Contacts App. Click on the More(..) and select settings.
- Then, go to Security from the left panel and select Actions.
- In the Actions, scroll down to view the Enable login Toggle. Enable the Toggle On.
- Then, go to created contact’s Overview page. You can view the Enable Login button.
- By enabling the login, the contact will receive a mail notification to the registered email id for accepting the access.
- By accepting the Xinnect, you will be redirected to the Sign Up page. Here, create your password for the xinnect access i.e customer portal.
- Once the Sign up is completed, go to the created contact overview page. Scroll down to view the App Access Privileges.
- Click on the Add button to give the access role to the Contact for the customer portal.
- Here the access given is Product Manager for Inventory App. Click on the Save button.
- The added Role will be visible under the App Access Privileges.
- Now go to the Customer Portal, the contact can view the Inventory Access in their portal. They can view all the items that are added to the Inventory Management app.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):