Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on April 8, 2020 06:24AM by Admin
Notes Activity of Apptivo is a smartly designed collaborative tool that keeps logs of all actions taken in a particular record across all Apps of Apptivo. You can also add even the smallest information here for future reference. When a note is created, you can also get notified using the update notification feature. You will receive an email according to the predefined criteria.
Barney has an important customer, Brock who communicates regularly regarding the software he uses. He wants to get notified whenever a note is added after communication with Brock. So, he creates a tag called Customer Note which is to be used whenever it is related to Brock. He also wants to receive an email for this. He makes use of Notes Activity available in Apptivo to configure this setting.
Steps to configure Update Notifications
- To navigate to Update Notifications in Notes Activity, Go to the Settings tab → Notifications → Update Notifications.
- You can see the Update Notifications page in the right panel. Select Create to configure a new notification.
- You will be redirected to the Create Notification Page.
Enter the values for the fields mentioned in the Create Notification Page.
- Name: Add a name for the notification.
- Description: Give brief information on the notification.
- From Address: Orders App offers two types of “From Addresses”:
Static: You can enter a default email address here.
Dynamic: You can choose the email address from the list of employees or teams.
Here, I have chosen a dynamic email address.
To set up custom notifications, it is mandatory to define three fields:
The criteria field determines the condition when the notification has to be generated.
- Under the group, you can determine whether the notification is for the “New” or “Old” set of attributes.
- Now. Choose an attribute from the “Insert Attribute” dropdown. If needed, you can add more than one attribute by selecting ”Add Condition”.
- Here, the criteria are set to send a notification when the Tag is Customer Note.
- Now, the criteria are set.
You can add a subject and detailed description of the message that is to be conveyed to the recipients In the Message field.
- You can customize your message using the Widgets and Attributes provided by Apptivo.
- Here, Associated With attribute is added to the message.
- In the recipients’ field, you can customize the email recipients. There are two types of Recipient Lists.
- It allows you to choose the recipients from a list of values. You can choose Associated customer, Associated Employee, Created By, Modified By, Customer contact as recipient lists and click Create.
- It allows you to add your recipients and click “Create” to complete the process.
- Here, I have chosen a static recipient and selected Create. A new notification is created.
- Consider creating a new note in the Notes Activity with the tag as Customer Note.
- You can see that a notification is sent to the email mentioned in the static list as a recipient.