Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
How to create a task automatically in the Leads App?
Updated on April 18, 2020 03:02AM by Admin
Leads App of Apptivo is a one-stop solution to manage your leads effectively. The trigger feature enables you to generate an action when the event occurs. You can create various collaboration activities like Tasks, Events, and Notes as an action when the criteria match.
Dwayne is a Sales Manager of DSK Business. He wants his employees to complete a certain task whenever a new lead is created. He cannot create new tasks every time a lead is created. Instead, he makes use of the triggers feature to create a task as an action whenever a lead is created.
Steps to Create a task as an Action
Leads App of Apptivo permits you to configure two types of Triggers.
- Event Based Triggers - Here, an action occurs when an event is created, updated, or deleted.
- Time Based Triggers - Here, an action occurs when the criteria match at the selected time.
Consider creating an Event Based Trigger where the action is to create a task in the Leads App.
- Go to Settings → Leads → Triggers → Event Based Trigger. Select Create to create a new trigger page.
- In the Create Trigger page, add a name for the trigger. In addition to this, you can also set the event during which the action has to occur. Here, Leads Created.
- To have the trigger in operation, keep the enabled toggle ON.
- In the Criteria section, determine the condition during which the trigger has to occur.
- Here, the condition is to generate a trigger when the Lead Status is New.
- You can make use of the Actions to set the type of trigger. Since a task is to be created, the action chosen is Create Task.
- In the Create Task Side panel, add the information related to the task. You can feed the description and the assignee.
- You can also add additional information like start date, end date, Estimated duration, Status, Priority, and Category of the task.
- Select Create. It is added as an action.
- Once the changes are made, select Create. A new trigger is created.
- Create a new lead in the Leads App. In the Create Leads page, the status is set as New.
- As per the trigger configuration, a new task will be created in the Tasks tab when the lead is created.
- Click on it to view the task information.