Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on May 9, 2020 05:59AM by Admin
Estimates App of Apptivo proves to be a great tool when it comes to generating sales quotes. Before any product is selected for production, businesses estimate the value of the product. This is to weigh the pros and cons. This helps in deciding the sustainability of a product in the market and check if a particular product is actually viable. Triggers are automatic tools that generate a particular action when a criteria match. You can also create a task as an action when the criteria match in the Estimates App.
Steps to create a task as an action
Estimates App of Apptivo permits you to configure Event Based and Time Based Triggers.
- Event Based Triggers - An action occurs when an event is created, updated, or deleted.
- Time Based Triggers - An action occurs when the criteria match at the selected time.
Consider creating an Event Based Trigger where the action is to create a task in the Estimates App.
- Go to Settings → Estimates → Triggers → Event Based Trigger. Select Create to create a new trigger page.
- In the Create Trigger page, give a name for the trigger. In addition, you can also set the event during which the action has to occur. Here, Estimates Created.
- To have the trigger in operation, keep the enabled toggle ON.
- In the Criteria section, determine the condition during which the trigger has to occur. Here, the condition is to generate a trigger when the Estimate Date is Current Day.
- You can make use of the Actions to set the type of trigger. Since a task is to be created, the action chosen is Create Task.
- In the Create Task Side panel, add the information related to the task. You can give the description and the assigned to Employee.
- You can also add additional information like start date, end date, Estimated duration, Status, Priority, and Category of the task.
- Select Create. It is added as an action.
- Once the changes are made, select Create. A new trigger is created.
- Create a new estimate in the Estimates App. In the Create Estimates page, the Estimate’s date is the current day.
- As per the criteria in the trigger configuration, a new task will be created in the Tasks tab when the Estimate is created.