Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on April 27, 2020 05:49AM by Admin
When you send an estimate to a client, it is followed by multiple sets of communication between both parties. In such cases, it is important to track the information shared. It is also advantageous to have a note of the customer requirements and suggestions. Using triggers, you can now create notes automatically in Apptivo’s Estimates App.
John is an employee in the Finance Department. He feels that there is no proper documentation on the conversation with the customers. He wants his colleagues to document them. So, he suggests his manager create an initial Note automatically whenever an estimate is updated.
Steps to Create a Note as an Action
Estimates App of Apptivo permits you to configure two types of Triggers.
- Event Based Triggers - An action occurs when an event is created, updated, or deleted.
- Time Based Triggers - An action occurs when the criteria match at the selected time.
- Consider creating an Event Based Trigger where the action is to create a note in the Estimates App.
- Go to Settings → Estimates→ Triggers → Event Based Trigger. Select Create to create a new trigger page.
- In the Create Trigger page, add a name for the trigger. In addition to this, you can also set the event during which the action has to occur. Here, Estimates Updated.
- To have the trigger in operation, keep the enabled toggle ON.
- In the Criteria section, determine the condition during which the trigger has to occur. Here, the condition is to generate a trigger when the Contacts is Not Empty.
- You can make use of the Actions to set the type of trigger. Since a Note is to be created, the action chosen is Create Note.
- In the Create Notes Side panel, add the information related to the notes. You can feed the description and the associated Employee.
- Select Create. It is added as an action.
- Once the changes are made, select Create. A new trigger is created.
- Open an existing lead in the Estimates App and make changes to it.
- As per the trigger configuration, a new Note will be created in the Notes tab when the Estimate is updated.