Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on March 31, 2021 10:42PM by Admin
The Triggers feature of Apptivo allows businesses to send an SMS automatically to a customer, contact, supplier, or employees when a condition matches in the record. You can generate SMSes automatically using triggers from various applications of Apptivo like Customers App, Contacts App, Contracts App, Cases App, Cases Extended App. Candidates App, Estimates App, Invoice App, Items App, Leads App, Opportunities App, Orders App, Projects App, Purchase orders App, Supplier Invoices App, Supplier App, Targets App, and Work orders App. You can use this feature only if you have added a phone number in the Contact Center App.
Consider configuring the triggers for sending an SMS from the Invoice App.
Invoice App of Apptivo permits you to configure Event Based and Time Based Triggers.
- Event Based Triggers - An action occurs when an event is created, updated, or deleted.
- Time Based Triggers - An action occurs when the criteria match at the selected time.
Consider creating an Event Based Trigger where the action is to send an SMS in the Invoice App.
- Go to Settings → Invoice→ Triggers → Event Based Trigger. Select Create to create a new trigger page.
- In the Create Trigger page, give a name for the trigger. Besides, you can also set the event during which the action has to occur. Here, Invoice Created.
- To have the trigger in operation, keep the enabled toggle ON.
- In the Criteria section, determine the condition during which the trigger has to occur. Here, the condition is to generate a trigger when the Invoice Date is Current Day.
- You can make use of the Actions to set the type of trigger. The action chosen here is Send SMS.
- In the Create External SMS Side panel, add the information related to the SMS. You can select the phone number from which the SMS has to be sent. You can also add the SMS template.
- In the Trigger To field, you can choose an attribute or employee to whom the SMS is to be sent. Here, the customer attribute is selected.
- Select Create. It is added as an action.
- Once the changes are made, select Create. A new trigger is created.
- Create a new invoice in the Invoice App. In the Create Invoice page, the invoice’s date is the current day.
- As per the criteria in the trigger configuration, an SMS will be sent to the customer added in the Invoice.
Note: SMS will be sent only if the recipient has a phone number documented in Apptivo. Also, if more than one phone numbers are available, SMS will be sent to the first phone number by default.
- The triggered SMSes will be collected in the SMS section of the Contact Center App.
Note: This feature is available only in the Ultimate and Enterprise plans of Apptivo. Also, you should also integrate your Nexmo number with the Apptivo Contact Center app to use this feature.