Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on September 23, 2020 07:35AM by Admin
The Free Text Description attribute on the Templates helps to add your needed text anywhere in the print layout. In addition, you can customize the Free text description attribute with the custom added attributes in the Work Orders app.
For instance: Consider, you want to view four images arranged in two columns in the Work Orders Template.
Steps to add the Custom File attribute
- Login and access the Work Orders app from the universal menu.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select the Settings.
- On the Settings page, click on the Customize app and select the Master Layout.
- From the Master Layout, drag and drop the Two Column section from the palette. You can also rename the section from the Inspector tab.
- Then, drag and drop the 4 File attributes and rename them as Image 1 to 4.
- Click on the Save button to update the Changes.
Steps to add Free Text Description on Template
- On the Settings page, click on the Customize App and select the Print/Web Layouts.
- You can create new or edit the template.
- From the Template page, drag and drop the Two Column Section from the palette.
- Then, drag and drop Free Text Description from the attributes.
- Click on the Free Text Description to navigate the Inspector Tab.
- Scroll down to the Inspector tab and click on the Customize Content.
- In the Customize Content popup, insert the added file attribute by using the Insert Attribute dropdown.
- Since, we are going to add 4 images with 2 in each column, insert two images file in this Free Text Description.
Note: The Free Text Description allows you to add any number of files to it with the Insert Attribute option. Here, we are adding only two to customize it according to alignment request.
- Click on the Update button to update the changes. Now, add another Free Text Description attribute in the second column of Two Column section and add the remaining 2 images.
- Here, the images are added to the layout. Save the changes.
- Now, go to the Work Orders overview page. Add the files.
- Select the configured template and click on the Print PDF.
- In the downloaded PDF, you can view the added images.
Note: You can change the alignment of the images from the Inspector tab of the selected attribute.