Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on October 19, 2020 07:51AM by Admin
Apptivo’s apps allow you to import the data in bulk. Checking the uniqueness of the record plays a vital role at the time of importing to eliminate the duplication of the record. That is the reason Apptivo checks the uniqueness of the record at the time of import through an excel file.
Importing the list of Opportunities:
Steps to Import
- Login and access the Opportunities App from the Universal Menu.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select the Imports.
- Click on the import button.
- Select the Update existing records and browse the .csv file to import the opportunities.
- Once you upload the browsed .csv file, click on Next.
- Map the data to the fields in the opportunities app.
- Select the parameters based on which you would like to check the uniqueness of the records which are to be updated or imported.
- The Fields added in the Uniqueness check have to be mapped with the attributes or else you will get the error pop up to map the fields that are added in the uniqueness check.
- For example, the First name is added in the uniqueness check and the First name is not mapped instead of that first name is mapped to the Close Date.
- Without mapping the field, you will get the error popup to mapped the selected Uniqueness check attribute.
- Once the fields are mapped that are added in the Uniqueness check, click on Import.
- There are four validations to do import:
- In the Mandatory Values validation, it will validate the mandatory value association.
- In the Data Format Validation, it will validate data format issues in CSV.
- In the Duplicates Validation, it will validate duplicates and check the Uniqueness of the data in the .csv file.
- In the Reference Data Validation, it will validate the association of other objects. This will associate existing objects if there are new objects found in the .csv file, it will allow creating new objects.
- Click on the Proceed button for each step.
Note: If the same records are imported again, with any data being repeated which is marked in the uniqueness check(Opportunities Name), then the newly imported information will be updated in the existing records. This may result in the existing information in the records.
- If the Reference values are not found, by clicking the Create references values & Proceed it will create the reference value and complete the import.
- Now you can view the total number of records, number of deleted records, and number of ignored records.
- Click on the Start Import button.
- Here, you can view the notification says that the import has been started and you will get the email notification when the import is complete.
- Once the import is completed, the status will get changed to completed.
- You can view the number of successful records imported, failed records, and ignored records which can be downloaded as a separate CSV file for later import.
- You can also view the email notification regarding the status completion of the import.