Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on November 8, 2020 11:49PM by Admin
The Shipping App of Apptivo enables you to generate an action automatically whenever a certain condition matches in the record. You can configure it to generate an action when a record is created. Similarly, you can also personalize to generate action at a particular time. This action is achieved with the help of the Triggers feature available in the Shipping App.
Note: This feature is available in the Premium, Ultimate, and Enterprise plans of Apptivo.
There are two types of triggers:
- Event Based - An action is generated when a record is created depending on the criteria configured.
- Time Based - An action is generated at a particular time. This can be one time or recurring.
Types of Actions
- In both types, the actions that are produced are the same. The different types of actions are listed below.
- Send Email - An email is sent automatically when the condition matches in a record.
- Update Attribute - When the condition matches, the selected attribute is updated.
- Update Associated Reference App Attributes - The value in the associated app is updated automatically.
- Call a Webhook URL
- Task - A task is created automatically.
- Event - An event is created automatically.
- Note - A note is added automatically.
- There is also a provision to create a task, event, or note depending on the Mapping.
Note: You can add more than one action at a time for a trigger.
Let’s walk through the steps to create an event-based trigger where the action is to update an attribute.
Steps to setup triggers
- Go to Settings → Shipping → Triggers → Event Based Triggers. In the Event Based trigger page, select Create to create a new trigger.
- In the Create Trigger page, add a name for the trigger. In addition to this, you can also set the event during which the action has to occur. Here, Shipping Created.
- To have the trigger in operation, keep the enabled toggle ON.
- In the Criteria section, determine the condition during which the trigger has to occur. Here, the condition is to generate an action when the Transaction Date is the current month.
- You can make use of the Actions to set the type of trigger. Since an attribute is to be updated, the action chosen is Update Attribute.
- In the Create Trigger Action side panel, choose the attribute that has to be updated. Here, the Transaction Date has to be updated to 12/01/2020.
- Once the configuration is complete, select Create. A trigger is configured.
- Click the create button to complete creating the trigger.
- Create a new shipment in the Shipping App. Here, the Transaction Date falls within the current month. Hence, it satisfies the criteria.
- As per the trigger set up, the Transaction Date attribute is updated.