Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on April 6, 2021 06:37AM by Admin
An electronic signature or eSignature is recorded in an electronic form that is intended to provide secure and accurate identification of the signatory. Apptivo is integrated with Sign.co for eSignature in the custom-created Cases extended apps. You can send your documents for eSigning from your Cases extended application as well.
First, you have to enable eSignature. Click here to know how to enable the eSign in Apptivo.
Setting up of eSign in Cases Extended App
- Login and access to the Cases Extended App.
- Here, the app is named Cases Extended App.
- Click on More Options(...) → Settings→Customize App→Print/Web Layouts.
- Open existing or Create a new PDF Template.
- Drag & Drop the eSign attribute from the Palette tab.
Selecting Whom to send eSign
- In the Configured PDF Template, click on the eSign attribute.
- The Inspector tab will get highlighted.
- Here, click the “Who” drop-down and choose the value either as Customer or Contact.
- This configuration works with the respective PDF Template only.
Sending eSign request via Cases Extended App
- Go to Cases Extended App and create a case with the configured PDF Template.
- In the case overview page, the “Send eSign” button will be enabled.
- Click the Send eSign button, It will automatically pre-populate the Customer/Contact email address based on PDF Configuration in Send eSign Popup.
- You could manually enter the email address in the Send eSign Popup if the email address is not present in the Customer/Contact record.
- If more than one signature is added in the template and needs a signature, the emails will be sent to the recipients whose signature is required.
- You can make use of the Sequential Order option. Enabling this toggle will let you send the email in sequential order based on the recipients listed in the Send eSign popup.
Note - Send eSign button will be disabled if the record is found without the configured PDF Template.
Receiving the eSign request email
- Once you sent the eSign, the Customer / Contact will receive the eSign request email Click the Review & Sign button in the received email and you will be redirected to Sign.co App.
Steps to eSign the document against received eSign request email
- In Sign.co, you can view the case document.
- Click the Signature and it will display Create Signature Popup.
- Either Draw or Type your signature and once completed click “Sign”.
- The Signature will be displayed in the Document. Then, click “Finish” to submit the signed document.
eSign History for Individual Cases
- In the Cases Extended App, go to More(...) Options → Settings→ Cases Extended App → eSignature.
- You could set the eSignature History based on your requirements.
- Then in the Cases Extended App, click on the eSign History tab in the cases.
- Here, you could see the details of the eSignature status.