Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
How to customize the update notification in Custom apps?
Updated on August 10, 2021 10:57PM by Admin
Custom app in Apptivo allows you to generate notifications for changes made to the Custom app records. With that, you can effectively get notified automatically by using the Update Notification for changes made on the individual records.
Steps to Follow
- Login and access your custom created application. Here, the Custom app is named as Business Contacts.
- Click on the More(…) icon and select Settings.
- From the Settings → Notifications → Update Notification. Here, select Create to create a new notification.
- Enter the values for the fields mentioned in the Create Notification Page.
- Name: Add a name for the notification.
- Description: Add detailed information on the notification.
- From Address: Custom app offers two types of “From Addresses”:
- Static: You can enter a default email address here.
- Dynamic: You can choose the email address from the list of employees or teams.
- Here, the Static email address is selected.
- To set up custom notifications, it is mandatory to define three fields:
- The criteria field determines the condition when the notification has to be generated.
- Under the group, you can determine whether the notification is for the “New” or “Old” set of attributes.
- Now, select an attribute from the “Insert Attribute” dropdown. You can add more than one attribute by selecting ”Add Condition” If needed.
- Here, the criteria are set to send a notification when the Follow-Up Date is changed in the Next 5 Weeks.
- Now, the criteria are set.
- You can add a subject and detailed description of the message that is to be conveyed to the recipients In the Message field.
- You can customize your message using the Widgets and Attributes on the right-side panel.
- In the recipients’ field, you can customize the email recipients. There are two types of Recipient Lists.
- Associated Object — It allows you to choose the recipients from a list of values. You can choose Customer, Contact, Assigned To, Created By, and Modified By as recipient lists and click Create.
- Static List — It allows you to add your own recipients and click “Create” to complete the process.
- Then, click on the Create button. A new notification will get created.
- Consider the value of the Follow-up field is changed to any date in the next 5 weeks.
- You can see that an email notification will be sent to the email mentioned in the dynamic list as a recipient.
Please explain why you are flagging this content (spam, duplicate question, inappropriate language, etc):