Apptivo’s Invoices app allows you to schedule the payment of the invoices partially. It enables you to pay the invoices from the iOS platform.
Steps to Enable
- Login and access the Invoices app from the universal menu.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the Settings page, click on the Payments and select the Payments Schedule.
- Enable the Toggle to schedule the payment while creating the invoice.
- Changes will get updated automatically.
Steps to set up Payment Schedule from iOS
Once the payment schedule is enabled from the Web version, go to the Invoices app from the iOS platform.
- Click on the Create invoice button from the invoice home page of the iOS app and select Create new invoice.
- Add the basic and necessary details to create an invoice.
- Scroll down to view and add the Products or services provided.
- Next to the Summary section, you can view the Payment Schedule table.
- Here, you can divide the invoice total amount into multiple payments based on the Percentages.
- Click on the + icon to add the line.
- For example, the invoice total amount is $1000 but the customers want to pay in 2 terms. In that case, you can divide and schedule the payment into 50 % and 50%. With that, the customer can pay 50% in one schedule and another 50% percent in another schedule as per the added Payment terms and Due Date.
- Here, the invoice is divided into two installments like 60 - 40 percentages. Change the Due date accordingly.
- After dividing the invoice total, add the Payment terms and the due dates as per your preferences.
- Then, click on the Create button in the top right corner. You will get the pop-up to either Save For Later or Email Invoice. Select Email Invoice and click on OK.
- The Invoice will get created and sent to the Customer’s email address with the Make Payment option.
- The customer can click on the Make Payment option and make payment as per the scheduled payment according to their payment terms.
- By clicking on the Make Payment option, the Invoice payment will open.
- Then, scroll down to view the Pay now option.
- By clicking on the Pay Now button, the customer will get an option to choose the payment as per the Schedule.
- By default, all payments will be selected. By using the tick option to add or remove the payments as per the schedule, they can Make Payments by adding the card details.