The Contacts app of Apptivo enables you to configure today’s date to be displayed automatically in a particular date field while creating contacts. This can be achieved through the Master Layout of the Contacts app.
Steps to configure today’s date
- Log in and access the Contacts app from the universal navigation bar.
- Select Settings from the App Header.
- On the Settings page, click on the Customize App → Master Layout from the left navigation panel.
- Drag and drop the “Date” attribute from the Palette section located on the right-hand side.
- Click on the added Date attribute, you will be redirected to its Inspector tab.
- You can change the name of the attribute in the Custom Section.
- Here, enter the attribute name as Current Date.
- In the Inspector tab, enable the Default Value under the Default Behavior section.
- You can view the Static and Dynamic in the Type dropdown.
- If you select Static type, you can set the particular date in the Date Value.
- As you want to view today’s date on the overview page, select Dynamic type so that you can set today’s date.
- Click on the Custom Date button.
- On the Function Editor pop-up window, select Today, so that the system date will get updated.
- Click on the Create button.
- Click on the Save button to save the changes.
- On the contact creation page, you can view the changes. You can view today’s date in the Current Date attribute generated automatically.