Apptivo allows you to associate the apps with each other. You can use the standard conversion to associate the app which is available by default. By using the custom conversion where you have the ability to configure another app that you want to perform the conversion with. Let’s consider adding a Custom app in the Contacts app.
Note: Here, the custom app is named Business Contacts.
Steps to customize conversion in the Contacts app:
- Log in and access the Contacts app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the settings page, Go to Contacts → Conversion.
- On the Conversion page, if you select Standard Conversion, the apps that are available for conversion by default will be shown.
- In order to add the “Custom app”, select Custom Conversion.
- Now click on the Create button.
- You will be directed to the create conversion page.
- You can choose the App from the drop-down list to which you wish to convert.
- Here we have selected the Business Contacts app and added the description.
- If you enable Allow conversion multiple times you can perform any number conversions as possible. If you disable the Allow conversion multiple times then you can perform conversion only once.
- Click on the Create button.
- The Conversion is Created and will be added to the list, click on the Mapping button.
- By clicking on the Mapping button, you will be directed to the business contacts mapping fields, here you can select the attributes that you wish to convert to the business contacts. First associate the activities that you wish to map with the Business Contacts app.
- Scroll down the page and try to map the attributes of the Contacts app and the Business Contacts app before you perform the conversion. Here you can see the attributes mapped with each other and click on the Update button.
- Now open the contact record to which you need to perform the conversion. Now click on the Convert button situated towards the right side of your page and click on convert To Business Contacts.
- For instance, let’s consider converting the contact Sabine into a Business contact.
- You will be directed to the Business Contacts app and you can see the attributes mapped and ready for the contact closure.
- Now click on the Create button to save Sabine as a Business Contact.
- Now the contact is added as a business contact as shown below.