Patents are a right granted to an inventor that allows them to exclude all others from making, using, or selling their invention. The Custom Views feature allows you to set up and save different views to quickly switch among them. Customized views are usually created using the attributes(column fields) that are frequently used.
There are some default views provided in the Patents App found in the left navigation panel. They are:
Besides these default views, you can also create your own custom views according to your business requirements.
For instance, let’s consider creating a view based on the patent assigned to Rose Jensen.
Steps to Create Custom View
- Login and access the Patents App from the Universal Menu.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the Settings page, click on the Customize App and select Views.
- On the Views page, click on the Create button or click on the + icon near the Views to create a new view.
- In the Create view, add the Title and the Description.
- You can set the privileged access by selecting the Privilege dropdown.
- Select the required list from the List Layout Dropdown.
- With the Display Toggle, you can make the custom view enable/ disable.
- In the Criteria section, select the attribute in the insert attribute dropdown and set the criteria with the operators and the values of the related attributes.
- Here, the custom view displays the patents that are assigned to the employee Rose Jensen.
- After setting the criteria, click on the Create button.
- Custom View will get created and will be displayed on the list.
- Now, go to the Patents home page, you can view the created custom view on the left panel under Lists.