With Apptivo's App Builder, build and publish your own apps easily. App Builder makes it easy for anyone to build and deploy apps instantly. You can also create a custom role for the custom app. The employees' app of Apptivo allows you to create a custom role and assign that role to any of your employees which means only the assigned employee will have the access to the selected app.
Note: Here, the custom app is named Business Contacts
Steps to create a custom role:
- Log in and access the Employees app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the Settings page, go to Security → Roles and click on the Create button.
- The Create Role popup will be displayed. Provide role name and description of the role.
- Click on the Add button to add privileges.
- On the left panel, You can find the Store Contacts dropdown and select “Business Contacts” from the dropdown menu.
- Select the privileges such as Access Business Contacts and Manage Business Contacts. Click on the Save button to save the custom role.
- Now, this privilege will be added to the creating role. Click on "Create" to complete.
- You can view the created custom role as shown in the image below.
- Now go to the Employees' app home and select the employee you want to assign the role of Business Contacts Manager.
- For instance, let’s assign the role of Larry Warran.
- Go to the employee Larry Warran and click on the More Details (...).
- Scroll down to the App Access privileges and click on the Add button.
- In the Add role pop-up, Go to Store Contacts → Business Contacts and select the role Business Contacts Manager and click on the Save button.
- Now the role is assigned to the employee Larry.
- Now only Larry can manage the custom app, i.e., Business Contacts.
- Now only Superuser and Larry have access to the Business Contacts app.