The Update Notification of Cases App in Apptivo allows you to generate notifications for changes made to the Cases. You don't have to keep an eye on each record all of the time. Instead, you can use the Update Notifications feature to be automatically notified anytime changes are made.
Steps to Create a notification:
- Log in and access the Cases app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the settings page, go to Notifications → Update Notification and click on the Create button.
- On the Create Notification page, enter the following details:
- Name: Add a name for the notification.
- Description: Give brief information on the notification.
From Address: Cases App offers two types of “From Addresses”
- Static: You can enter a default email address here.
- Dynamic: You can choose the email address from the list of employees or teams.
- Here, I have chosen a Dynamic email address.
To set up custom notifications, it is mandatory to define three fields:
- The criteria field determines the condition when the notification has to be generated.
- Under the group, you can determine whether the notification is for the “New” or “Old” set of attributes.
- Now. Choose an attribute from the Insert Attribute dropdown. If needed, you can add more than one attribute by selecting Add Condition.
- Here, the criteria are set to send a notification when the case status is “Closed”. Now, the criteria are set.
- You can add a subject and detailed description of the message that is to be conveyed to the recipients In the Message field.
- You can customize your message using the Widgets and Attributes provided by Apptivo.
- In the recipients’ field, you can customize the email recipients. There are two types of Recipient Lists.
- Associated Object: It allows you to choose the recipients from a list of values. You can choose Customer, Contact, Assigned To, Created By, and Modified By as recipient lists and click Create.
- Static List: It allows you to add your recipients.
- Here, I’ve selected the Static list and added my employee as the recipient. Click Create to complete the process.
- Now when a case is closed, the notification mail will be sent to the employee Sarah Castro as shown below.