Data Sets in Apptivo give you the ability to provide access privilege of object records to a specific group of people. Depending on the assigned data sets the records will be available for the employees or users of your firm.
Configuring Data Sets is a Two-step process:
- Assign Data Set to employees
Steps to create a data set:
- Log in and access the Leads app from the universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select Settings.
- On the settings page, go to Security → Data Sets and click on the Create button.
- The Create Data Set page will be displayed, Here enter:
- Name - Name of the data set.
- Description - Description of the data set.
- Enabled - Slide the toggle ON to enable the data set.
- The Criteria is the space where you can define the condition. Here, the criteria are set as “Lead Status= Prospecting”. This specifies will be grouped as a set.
- Similarly, you can create multiple data sets.
Steps to Assign Data Sets to Employees:
- Select Data Access Sets which is under the drop-down menu of Security.
- Click on the Add button displayed on the right panel of the Data Access Sets page.
- Click on the Search icon in the Employee Name column.
- From the popup, select the required employee and click on the Select one button.
- Now click on the drop-down of Data Access which provides the lists of Data Sets that you have created. Select the Data Set.
- Click on the Tick icon to save.
- Now the data set is assigned to the employee that you’ve chosen for your business needs.
- Therefore, data access is provided for the specific employee. You can edit or delete the data access by using the Edit and Delete icons.